[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

On 5/18/2021 at 5:35 PM, jademonkee said:

Worth a shot: did you clear your browser cache?

Does the Android/iOS app still work?

Unfortunately I tried that as well as connecting from differing machines that normally do not have access. No joy. I ended up reverting back to 6.8.3 due to other issues, but won't be able to mess with the docker till next Tuesday.

UPDATE (solved) - Seems to have been a corrupted image. Moved the appdata to another share, removed the image, reinstalled via template, copied the appdata back over, used the controller's autoback file from the beginning of the month to restore everything. 100% back up and running.

Edited by ryoko227
Added solution to my specific issue
On 5/13/2021 at 12:56 PM, twistedsanity said:

Sorry, I may have missed something completely earlier in discussions but mine also had this issue as it looks like dockerhub linuxserver.io shows version 6.1.71 attached to the tag 'latest' which it isn't (its a release from a month or so ago) and mine is trying to downgrade to it as its thinking it is a new release. 

*** I fixed this (temporarily until linuxserver.io fix the tags) by changing out the repository field to "linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.23" this then reinstalled the 6.2.23 version and the container came up. ***

Note: once fixed by linuxserver you will need to revert the repository field or you won't get updates.

I don't know why, but this is not working for me. The server.log is spammed with various warnings about mongod not being shut down correctly and needs repairing. 

Mongod.log on the other hand has other messages thats equally cryptic to me unfortunately.. Seems to still be a version mismatch:

Fatal assertion 28579 UnsupportedFormat: Unable to find metadata for table:index-1--7693998512115095491 Index: {name: site_id_1, ns: ace.account} - version too new for this mongod. See http://dochub.mongodb.org/core/3.4-index-downgrade for detailed instructions on how to handle this error. at src/mongo/db/storage/wiredtiger/wiredtiger_index.cpp 268

10 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Who is being nominated by everyone here to test tag version-6.2.25 from the unifi docker repo? One of you has to do it I did it last time.

I just went to linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest and all is working.

1 hour ago, Toskache said:

It works with ":version-6.2.25" but not with ":latest"

But I have to adopt all APs/USGs manually via CLI (set-inform http://IP.OF.CONTROLLER.DOCKER:8080/inform) again.

Did you have the controller settings Override inform host set properly in your previously working version?

You MUST keep that set properly to use a containerized unifi controller.

6 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Did you have the controller settings Override inform host set properly in your previously working version?

Indeed, it was not activated because I simply did not know...  Thanks for the hint!

latest didn't work for me.

How/ where  do you activate this?

EDIT: Owh I think I know is it this?

image.png.e8de4ce36fc5fd91dce46b10a7f037ea.png

EDIT2: If i use version-6.2.25 instead of latest, it works. latest still not working

Edited by canedje
3 hours ago, canedje said:

latest didn't work for me.

How/ where  do you activate this?

EDIT: Owh I think I know is it this?

image.png.e8de4ce36fc5fd91dce46b10a7f037ea.png

EDIT2: If i use version-6.2.25 instead of latest, it works. latest still not working

That makes no sense. Latest is 6.2.25.

3 hours ago, canedje said:

Yes I know. But If I use as respository: linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest it is not working, but linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.25

is working

You don't need to specify latest. Remove the latest tag and then do a force update. It's probably using the latest tag on your system and not our latest tag.

19 hours ago, saarg said:

You don't need to specify latest. Remove the latest tag and then do a force update. It's probably using the latest tag on your system and not our latest tag.

I just tried. Also not working. only:  linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.25 is working

9 hours ago, canedje said:

I just tried. Also not working. only:  linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.25 is working

Then it's still using the version that ubiquiti pulled as latest. Delete all unifi-controller images and then change something in the template and add it back and hit apply. Then it should pull the correct version.

I updated to 6.2.25 also on the weekend. It seems actually a good version. I have had no issues and you can close the advert these days also.

My switch firmware is 5.43.36.12724 and the AP's are now 5.43.36.12724 so unifi have internally made the version numbers the same even though they are 2 different firmware files and sizes. Im sure this wont cause any confusion and be overlooked by anyone at some point in the future.

Despite this it is all working so guess this version is good to go.

Pete

• Thanks 1

so after braving the "latest" tag for awhile and being on this new .25 version. I have given up and went back to "5.14.23-ls76" and let me tell you, Im happy with it. It truly is just the best version so far...using the version file edit trick in a previous post I just changed my tag and downgraded, and all is working and well.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mgutt said:

Is there a reason why this container defaults to "bridge" network? For me it's only reliable with "host" network (else it does not adopt devices after restart).

Mine works fine as Bridge. Never had adoption issues (well, there were some when I had to factory reset my devices and completely nuke the controller install, but that wasn't related).

I have the following ports mapped and am running version 5.14.23-ls76:

UnifiBridgePorts.png

EDIT: Be sure to make sure you have the broadcast address set manually in Settings > Controller > "Controller Hostname/IP" too!

UnifiControllerSettings.png

Edited by jademonkee
Added controller host info and pic
  • Like 1