Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

201 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

It’s working now I left it for an hour then it was working, I changed it in the template


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I keep noticing my unifi container starts out at around 450mb used in ram and starts to increase to over 4gb of ram used. any one have any ideas whats causing the issue .  Looks like i have version 5.10.26 running at this time .  4Gb of ram seems like a lot used for this type of software 

Edited by rooster237

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

soooo what needs to be done to get on the 5.11.39 version?

Edited by jumperalex

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, jumperalex said:

soooo what needs to be done to get on the 5.11.39 version?

The docker will automatically update to the latest (so called) stable (once it’s posted) if you are using the “latest” tag.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The docker will automatically update to the latest (so called) stable (once it’s posted) if you are using the “latest” tag.

"posted" as in to the LIO servers or Ubiquiti's? They are already at Ubiquiti and I'm using latest.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jumperalex said:

"posted" as in to the LIO servers or Ubiquiti's? They are already at Ubiquiti and I'm using latest.

Perhaps someone from the @linuxserver.io team can answer that. I have no idea what upstream build they are using for the docker.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Perhaps someone from the @linuxserver.io team can answer that. I have no idea what upstream build they are using for the docker.

Short answer is: Unifi is cluster f... when it comes to releases.

5.10.26 is the latest stable in their deb repo and all others are stable candidates and whatever they call it.

This is the url we hit to get the latest version: http://dl-origin.ubnt.com/unifi/debian/dists/stable/ubiquiti/binary-amd64/Packages

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, saarg said:

Unifi is cluster f... when it comes to releases.

Not really a surprise. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, saarg said:

Short answer is: Unifi is cluster f... when it comes to releases.

5.10.26 is the latest stable in their deb repo and all others are stable candidates and whatever they call it.

This is the url we hit to get the latest version: http://dl-origin.ubnt.com/unifi/debian/dists/stable/ubiquiti/binary-amd64/Packages

5.11.39 has been deemed stable according to this https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Controller-5-11-39/6ab8ef1a-376f-41e6-85b2-ceec098b8462

 

Sadly, as you're surely aware, they still haven't pushed to the repos. [sigh]

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jumperalex said:

5.11.39 has been deemed stable

Which may or may not mean it's a good idea to push that version to a production environment. "Stable" unifi software has caused major headaches in the past, I'd much rather wait until it's been running on someone else's system for a while before I trust my multiple sites to it. If wifi goes down, it's a big deal. I'd rather not deal with angry users.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jumperalex said:

5.11.39 has been deemed stable

'Stable' according to Ubiquiti does not have the same meaning as for most other companies.  I just waited out three supposedly stable firmware releases and three controller releases in the 5.10 branch to find a combination that actually worked without several 'anomalies.'

 

Inigo Montoya, speaking to Ubiquiti, said it best:

 

Edited by Hoopster

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I too, have been burned by their definition of “stable” before. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Which may or may not mean it's a good idea to push that version to a production environment. "Stable" unifi software has caused major headaches in the past, I'd much rather wait until it's been running on someone else's system for a while before I trust my multiple sites to it. If wifi goes down, it's a big deal. I'd rather not deal with angry users.

Fair. But that's us users decision to make. I think they have a tag for that ... LTS?

 

But yeah, can't deny what you're saying in general.

Edited by jumperalex

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jumperalex said:

Fair. But that's us users decision to make. I think they have a tag for that ... LTS?

Yes. I use the LTS tag. But look at it from LSIO's viewpoint. If they push the bleeding edge and something goes wrong, which to be fair, stable for unifi IS bleeding edge, they get to hear how everybody's install is borked. If you use their container, it's up to them how soon they update.

 

You are free to make the decision as a unifi user to run the absolute latest code the second it comes out if you wish, just not in LSIO's container.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

[looks around confused] did I say something I didn't mean to? I wasn't asking anyone to change the way the container runs. I was asking where the latest "stable" release was as described by Unifi. Then saarg explained to me where this container sources (read: the repo) and I acknowledged I then understood why the container wasn't grabbing the latest (read: unifi hadn't posted to the repo yet).

 

As for my reply to your post about it not being wise pushing stable to a production environment ... I'm right that it's the user's choice and their responsibility to choose what tag to use because this container pulls from the repo and what's in the repo is what it gets; at least according to saarg. So "the second it comes out" on the repos is when LSIO will be pushing it unless they make a decision to change their source.

 

I mean seriously man, I wasn't trying to stir the pot or poke anyone in the eye.

Edited by jumperalex

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, jumperalex said:

I mean seriously man, I wasn't trying to stir the pot or poke anyone in the eye.

Suffice it to say, it's a sore subject. Been discussed to death in the forums. Caused many issues, created many arguments.

First rule of unifi thread, don't mention unifi updates.

 

We love unifi hardware, hate unifi half done updates that break great hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2019 at 9:57 PM, jonathanm said:

First rule of unifi thread, don't mention unifi updates.

 

image.png.fcc9b27c4f100c1aa42cc9b7d7d8b275.png

 

All love man

 

Edited by jumperalex

Share this post


Link to post

^ agree with everything above. Unifi is the one docker I never rarely update, it just sits there staring at me. Watching the utter S-Storm when new "updates" (if you can call them that) come out over on their forums. Awesome hardware, terrible (most often broken) software. Still sitting on 5.8.3 since that's the last stable I've had 0 issues with. Love LIO for their hardwork trying to keep everything up and running though for us. o/

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryoko227 said:

^ agree with everything above. Unifi is the one docker I never rarely update, it just sits there staring at me. Watching the utter S-Storm when new "updates" (if you can call them that) come out over on their forums. Awesome hardware, terrible (most often broken) software. Still sitting on 5.8.3 since that's the last stable I've had 0 issues with. Love LIO for their hardwork trying to keep everything up and running though for us. o/

I moved from 5.6 to 5.10 over the weekend as some of the device firmware updates kicked off a major flood of alerts.  Known issue that would be fixed by 5.10.  

 

So now I don't get alert spamming but I'm dealing with a DHCP issue where some devices just can't get an IP, some need to wait an hour or so to get one, and others get it first time every time.  Unifi certainly stops you being bored

Share this post


Link to post

No previous experience with ubiquiti equipment and software, but i installed an ap-ac-lite few days ago, and besides having some issues updating the ap and 'adopting' it from the control software (5.10.26) everything looks fine :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 6:03 AM, dalben said:

So now I don't get alert spamming but I'm dealing with a DHCP issue where some devices just can't get an IP, some need to wait an hour or so to get one, and others get it first time every time.  Unifi certainly stops you being bored

Only Wifi devices? Or wired aswell?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RotasOpera said:

Only Wifi devices? Or wired aswell?

I had it both.  Seems to have settled down now so I'll keep my fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all! 

  New to the world (and frustration) of Unifi. I'm experimenting with upgrading off of LTS, and attempted ijuarez's method posted in March. Every time I attempt to restore my backup file from 5.6.42 onto either 5.8 or 5.9, I get an error saying that the uploaded file is "newer" than the current controller version. Any known workarounds?

 

Thanks!

J

Share this post


Link to post

Hey everyone,

I just switched from the 5.9.x branch to 'latest' thereby going to version 5.11.39. I have had the controller run perfectly fine on 5.9 for about 6 months but since the update my UAP AC Lite (my only device for now) has been stuck in an "adopting"/"disconnected" loop, like many have had happen to them before me. I have set the controller IP to the server's IP and checked the "override inform host" box. Still no luck.

I have reset the AP multiple times and also completely reinstalled the controller twice without any changes. I have made sure to disable "auto optimize" as someone pointed out earlier.

Is there anything I could have missed or should I just try and reinstall from the LTS branch?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.