where is the "mnt" share?

DXC

29 minutes ago, DXC said:

I noticed that the disks for my VMs are located in a "mnt" directory. But where do I actually find this folder? It's not listed in the "shares" tab.

And more importantly, can I move this afterwards if I get an SSD?

Not quite sure why you are asking this question, but here is some information that might help.

Most important point is that you are confusing User Shares and paths in the Linux file system underlying Unraid.

/mnt is the location at which Unraid mounts the physical disks in the system and cannot be changed.    This is the location at which Unraid mounts its file storage.   Any file or folder that is not under /mnt is held purely in RAM and thus will not survive a reboot unless it is reloaded during the boot process.   You should not be trying to pass these disks directly through to a VM as they are being managed by Unraid.

User Shares are mounted under /mnt/user and again this is not subject to change.  Under that location you will see a folder corresponding to each User Share.   This mount point gives a view of Share contents that is independent of which disk they are located on.  Each User Share is an amalgam of the top level folders on each drive that have the share name.  If you have a cache drive you will also see a /mnt/user0 which shows User Shares omitting any folders or files belonging to these shares that are currently on the cache drive.

if you have the Unassigned Devices plugin installed (most do) then it mounts devices it handles under /mnt/disks.

Edited by itimpi
  • Thanks 1