SMB Share Access - SOLVED

I have started getting a problem with accessing my SMB shares from a Windows 10 VM.

Everything has been working fine. I have been able to do whatever I want to files on shares. create, edit, delete. However, today I was working on a document and when I went to save it said permission denied. I had created the document earlier and had been working on it fine. I had to save it to the VM then use File Explorer to move the file to the SMB share. I can move files, create folders, delete content no problem. But for some reason I can save a word document once its been edited.

I created a txt file on the same share, edited it, and was able to save it no problems.

I only have the default root user on my server.

I have been creating,editing, and deleting word documents on my server and never had this problem before. In fact I was doing this fine two days ago. Now it wont work.

I have created a test SMB share and made it accessible. From the VM I created a word document in the new share, edited it, and saved with no problem.

SOLVED: I noticed the icon next to the network share was different. Seems something called Offline Syncing was active. No idea where it came from, never installed it and never seen it before. 

Edited by darrenyorston
addition