Added disks that have the wrong filesystem now I am stuck!

alexdodd

So I had a config that was as below but only with disks parity, 1, 2 and 3
image.png.5ac9d7beb385ff1196bd828c8b03cfd0.png
I added 4,5 and 6 and started and watched it format them I believed but i'm now stuck with the below a file system on the 3 added disks as auto not xfs, and its unmountable.

image.thumb.png.a9d19e36468eaf0cbb1c0f9fbf61cfd4.png

So it's been a while, which is a good thing unraid is stable and i've just let it do its thing for so long, but now i've forgotten how do i tell unraid to not count these three new drives i've added, and how do i make sure the filesystem is correct, and how do i do this correctly in future :D

I thought this was going to be simple, i've actually had the drives in that PC for months plugged in but spun down, ran out of room and thought i'd spin the rest up and use them!

Also if there is a lot of faffing around, is this the time to change and use an encrypted filesystem, is that even worth it?

I have lots of spare space on spare drives, so enough room technically to move anything needed around.

The extra drives are on an LSI SAS card that means unassigned devices doesnt seem to pick them up however which makes them a little more trouble than normal to access potentially. 

Are you sure they have beenformatted?  When you first started the array Unraid would partition them but not format them.   At that time UnRAID will have offered a format option but you have to manually activate it.   The ‘auto’ option just means that Unraid will format to whatever is set as the default format under Disks->Disk Settings.    

If you want a different format then (with the array stopped) set any drive explicitly to the desired format.   On restarting the array you can then use the format option to format the drive to that specific format.

So when I added them it gave me the this will wipe everything off the drives warning are you sure etc, you mean that format option?  I let it do its thing, and we are now at this stage :(

I have switched them over to xfs, but naturally that hasn't made a difference.

These drives were "pre-cleared" a long long time ago, are their extra flags that the newer version of unraid is not taking into account, or vice versa?

Attached my diagnostics (alexserver-diagnostics-20190220-2126.zip) if that helps, can include logs too if that helps anyone?