My biggest Share is gone after reboot

14 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Also may be helpful if you posted some screenshots of your configuration for CA Cleanup....

It's almost certainly a misconfiguration on your part that has lead to the data loss.

Yes I think you right but can't figure out waht I made wrong. For one year ago Unraid random crash and I lost som folders and now this. I think I'm done with Unraid and going back to Ubuntu server. Never struggle in the 3 year I have it but Unraid is more fun. Ubuntu Server is more boring. Sorry for my ugly english

Edited by stormense

Here's what Cleanup Appdata does

It goes through all of your previously installed application templates, gathers what their /config paths were (ie: their appdata), see's if they're used by any other app's /config and if they are not then tosses them up for you to select.  (This was also created before something like Krusader became available, and many many apps create their appdata folders in a way that is incompatible with accessing them over a network)

After you've selected what you want to delete (they are all deselected by default) - It displays the app that it's from and the full path, you have to hit "Delete them".  Then the plugin tosses up another pop up reiterating what you've selected, says it irreversible and makes you hit OK or cancel.

Now, if Appdata Cleanup deleted a share, then what you had was say your /config for Plex as an example was located in your Movies share.  This is a massively misconfigured way to do things, but at the end of the day you selected what it deleted, and confirmed your selection.

Over the course of this plugin (~3 years), you're the 3rd person to have done this and suffered the same fate.  After the second one, I deprecated the plugin (January 29th) and threw up a nice little warning on it to discourage people from installing it due to this very reason.

Where I went wrong is that I deprecated it in such a way that Fix Common Problems didn't know that it was deprecated, and didn't warn you about that.  But that doesn't change the course of events.

I am sorry about your loss, but this is a case of user error on your part.  You should however be able to recover most if not all of your data via something like this  https://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

Edited by Squid
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Squid said:

Over the course of this plugin (~3 years), you're the 3rd person to have done this and suffered the same fate.  After the second one, I deprecated the plugin (January 29th) and threw up a nice little warning on it to discourage people from installing it due to this very reason.

Where I went wrong is that I deprecated it in such a way that Fix Common Problems didn't know that it was deprecated, and didn't warn you about that.  But that doesn't change the course of events.

@Squid I just saw the fix common problems message pop up today.. and yes, it was scary!!!! I dont think i setup anything wrong, but a little sleepy typing could lead to sleepless nights... so i deleted it. haha

16 hours ago, trurl said:

Doesn't look like Unraid filesystems are supported according to that website. Lots of people have recommended https://www.ufsexplorer.com/

UFS Explorer RAID Recovery €129.95 för files over 785 kb. No tanks, I think I begin from scratch and go back to Ubuntu Server. I do not like to lost data when all disks is okay.  Unraid is better on VM:s but not as a storage device you cant trust.

Yes, now migrated to Openmediavault on my server now when all my files is gone. I move the stick with Unraid to my second server with a old AMD A-Series A4-5300 3,4GHz Socket FM2 because I want to keep my Virtual Ubuntu Server (hade it outside the array on a ssd) and two docker I cant run in Openmediavault. Happy to have the use of my old AMD system again. Cost me $ 150 for many ears ago when RAM was cheap.