New to unraid, cannot access shares.

Hi! I just recently building my first nas and was looking to use unraid. I installed v6.6.6 and everything seemed to be going fine. I currently can see the TOWER (which has been renamed to UNRAID, as I found some post that recommended renaming it). However when I attempt to 'open' it from the Windows (10) explorer it gives a 'network error - Windows cannot access \\UNRAID'. Reading through carious support threads on the forums here and other sites the most common suggestion I came across was to make sure you connect via IP and not by name due to windows issues. When I attempt to use \\192.168.1.68/NAS1  (NAS1 is the name of my share) it gives the same error.

Some other things to mention that I have done is that I have made sure to enable the SMB1 stuff in Windows(I've attempted connecting with and without it). I can access the WebUI no problem via host name or IP. I have installed Dynamix Local Master to confirm that the unraid machine is the master. I've also installed Fix Common problems and it didn't find anything that would effect my connection problems. I've also tried the Map Network Drive in Windows however that didn't work for me either. At this point I haven't been able to find any other things to try to get it to work and am at a loss as to what to try next. Thanks in advance!

unraid-diagnostics-20190220-1738.zip

12 minutes ago, rabidduck said:

\\192.168.1.68/NAS1  (NAS1 is the name of my share) it gives the same error.

Just to get rid of the obvious, are you typing into explorer

\\192.168.1.68/NAS1 (what you posted, and incorrect) OR

\\192.168.1.68\NAS1 (which is what is correct) IF you have a share named NAS1 

Also, what happens if you simply type in \\192.168.1.68 

Edited by Squid
34 minutes ago, Squid said:

Just to get rid of the obvious, are you typing into explorer

\\192.168.1.68/NAS1 (what you posted, and incorrect) OR

\\192.168.1.68\NAS1 (which is what is correct) IF you have a share named NAS1 

Also, what happens if you simply type in \\192.168.1.68 

I was indeed typing it incorrectly however doing it the correct way (and in explorer) as you mention gives the same Network Error(both doing it with the \Nas and without.. Heres a quick screenshot just to help verify I'm not doing something silly. Also a screenshot of my shares.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

22 minutes ago, rabidduck said:

It's set to private, I tried to change it up public then I couldn't see the unraid machine anymore(I could still connect to the WebUI) when I did that.

Screenshot_4.png

Do you see the yellow banner with the text, "Network Discovery is turned off..." inside.  Click on it and change it!

If that does not work, go through this thread  as Win10 is NOT a single animal and folks have found a number of solutions to this problem that work.  Most of the Win10 stuff is on pages 2 and 3.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/

Edited by Frank1940
25 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Do you see the yellow banner with the text, "Network Discovery is turned off..." inside.  Click on it and change it!

If that does not work, go through this thread  as Win10 is NOT a single animal and folks have found a number of solutions to this problem that work.  Most of the Win10 stuff is on pages 2 and 3.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/

Didnt work for me unfortunately. Ill take a look through that thread for anything new. I also did a quick test on my Windows 7 Machines and they both were able to interact with the unraid machine fine so I at least know that is working.

EDIT:

Found my fix it was adding in Windows Credentials like below(Kudos to random One post guy named navidos) and using a non root user(root didn't work), hopefully if anyone googles a similar situation to mine they find this.

unraid.PNG

Edited by rabidduck
  • Like 1