Dangerous Krusader behaviour

hundsboog

Folks,

today, it happen the second time to me, that when I copy a large file, for example a VM from the array to the cache with Krusader, I ticked the box "Keep this window open..." and hit the show details dialog, the transmission is kept and Krusaders loses connection. More than that, the original file which should be copied is *deleted*!

This does really happen, when you just copy, NOT move a file. This is in my opinion more than a heavy bug to me and every user should be aware of it! I didn't found any similar threads on the community-board here, but I think I should inform you.

Greetings

hundsboog

btw: Is there any other Gui style docker out there with similar functions?

Edited by hundsboog
56 minutes ago, hundsboog said:

when I copy a large file, for example a VM from the array to the cache with Krusader

What paths are involved? If you are copying from /mnt/user to /mnt/cache paths, don't do that. Only use /mnt/diskX and mnt/cache in the source and destination, or /mnt/user on both. Never mix user and disk/cache paths.

10 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

What paths are involved? If you are copying from /mnt/user to /mnt/cache paths, don't do that. Only use /mnt/diskX and mnt/cache in the source and destination, or /mnt/user on both. Never mix user and disk/cache paths.

Wow, this could be really the reason. I will check this asap! But when I copied than my backup, which was on an unassigned device (Samsung T5 SSD), the connection was also lost. But then I checked on the Gui directly the cache folder and there, the file is still growing with every refresh so a copy process was still going on and proceeded successfully (Krusader than found connection again). I was scared like sh** but everything went well and  the vm's runs fine. Nevertheless a behaviour which should take a futher look into.. 😄

Edited by hundsboog

Alright, this must be my mistake that I did mixed them up. I used the VMautobackup script and backed my VM's up to my unassigned device SSD. So, if you just know, that Krusader will lose connection while doing so, thats not a big deal for me and I wont die on a heart attack.

The second thing, which is good to know for a newbie, is that moving VM's, which are originally stored an the array is more trickier than it seems, when it comes to doing so with Krusader... Phew, what am I glad to rund the Autovmbackup script 😀