FTP Server

Danuel

Today was my last day of 30 days of trial (i am happy with the product and that i was able to migrate from Windows to Unraid) and because of helpful information available and videos from SpaceInvaderone i decided to buy.

However i want to use the FTP Server and i am not able to find any instructions on how to, the manual for unraid 6 does not tell much.

I added a user and i try to connect but was asking for a password (don't know what is the default password)

what i want to achieve is to have a working FTP server, where i can add a user and give access to a specific share and be accessible outside my network.

Any help will be much appreciated

You create unraid users, then add the user names you want to have access to the FTP server on the "user(s)" line in FTP Settings, separate multiple users with a space.

Enter the user names (separated by spaces) permitted to access the server using FTP. To disallow any user access, clear this setting.

Note: do not enter user name root since this may cause problems in the future.

26 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

You create unraid users, then add the user names you want to have access to the FTP server on the "user(s)" line in FTP Settings, separate multiple users with a space.

Enter the user names (separated by spaces) permitted to access the server using FTP. To disallow any user access, clear this setting.

Note: do not enter user name root since this may cause problems in the future.

creating a user and then adding that user in the FTP is working, but that give me access to entire array, what i want is to be able to give access to a specific share to be able to make a remote connection, from what i see the build in FTP server is to limited :(

@jonathanm

well, i want to give somehow access to my brother to a specific share where he can upload or download a file (is more for torrent files)

on windows i was able to run a FTP server where i give access to the autoadd folder where he was able to drop file to the torrent client will pick them up then when the file was ready he was able to take the file over FTP, i don't know any other solution then a FTP service also good in his case if lose connection when he came back was able to resume

Archived