Plex Docker Error Every Couple of Seconds (in logs)

rh535

I have been having issues with my Unraid server for a while. I keep seeing this error in my logs. Any idea on how to fix this?

Tower emhttpd: error: put_config_idx, 609: Invalid argument (22): fopen: /boot/config/shares/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs.cfg

I really can't quite figure out how you could have done it. Since it has the \ path separator in the name it must have been from Windows.

According to your diagnostics it has default settings, which means you have never gone to its page and made any, not surprising. I am just wondering whether the normal way of deleting that share is going to work.

You have to delete all files and folders from the share. Then maybe you can delete it from that share's page unless the webUI chokes on that name.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, trurl said:

I really can't quite figure out how you could have done it. Since it has the \ path separator in the name it must have been from Windows.

According to your diagnostics it has default settings, which means you have never gone to its page and made any, not surprising. I am just wondering whether the normal way of deleting that share is going to work.

You have to delete all files and folders from the share. Then maybe you can delete it from that share's page unless the webUI chokes on that name.

K. The folder has data and it updates the log files from plex in it. 

I can remember trying to get something working in Plex/ Tautulli to monitor the logs.......I wonder if this was when this happened. 

38 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are you saying something is currently writing files into it?

Sorry.... I just had a network share to that folder on my computer and thought it was my actual share - I created. 

I was able to delete the share and I'm not seeing the error in my log file any longer. 

Thank you!!!! - IM hoping this will stop my random lock-ups and crashes

Some more insight into how user shares work so you might be able to figure this out.

User Shares are simply the aggregate of all top level folders on cache and array disks with the same name. When you create a user share, Unraid creates a top level folder on one or more disks as needed according the settings you make for that user share. Those top level folders will have the same name as the user share.

Conversely, and this is probably what is going on here, any top level folder on cache or array disks is automatically a user share. If you don't make any settings for it (as in this case) it will have default settings. The user share will have the same name as the folder.

The user shares are located at the linux path /mnt/user.

Somehow, you have something creating a folder. This would be anything like these:

/mnt/user/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/user0/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/cache/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk1/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk2/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk3/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

This is probably going to be something like a misconfigured docker. Maybe some host volume mapping set to any of these:

/mnt/user/

/mnt/user0/

/mnt/cache/

/mnt/disk1/

/mnt/disk2/

/mnt/disk3/

The diagnostics don't give us enough information to tell you the answer.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, trurl said:

Some more insight into how user shares work so you might be able to figure this out.

User Shares are simply the aggregate of all top level folders on cache and array disks with the same name. When you create a user share, Unraid creates a top level folder on one or more disks as needed according the settings you make for that user share. Those top level folders will have the same name as the user share.

Conversely, and this is probably what is going on here, any top level folder on cache or array disks is automatically a user share. If you don't make any settings for it (as in this case) it will have default settings. The user share will have the same name as the folder.

The user shares are located at the linux path /mnt/user.

Somehow, you have something creating a folder. This would be anything like these:

/mnt/user/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/user0/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/cache/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk1/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk2/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

/mnt/disk3/\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs

This is probably going to be something like a misconfigured docker. Maybe some host volume mapping set to any of these:

/mnt/user/

/mnt/user0/

/mnt/cache/

/mnt/disk1/

/mnt/disk2/

/mnt/disk3/

The diagnostics don't give us enough information to tell you the answer.

I just edited the Docker for Tautulli that had something for the Plex logs (It was that same thing that is giving me the errors).

I also noticed that the share I deleted earlier re-appeared. I deleted it again and will see how it acts tonight. 

Thanks again both of you for all your help!