Mail server. Docker or VM?

shaunvis

Do you have a static IP where you can set reverse dns ptr records?

Without that you won't be able to send to very many addresses. Most of the major providers will automatically filter you out as spam.

Most people don't have the ability to set ptr records for their home IP, so it's not very popular for home machines. Typically only useful on VPS or shared server space in a facility.

Yep, I have a block of them. 

I'm fine setting up Exchange or something as a VM if I have to, I was just hoping for a docker solution. I just moved my NAS to Unraid a few months ago & really like it so far. 

I've seen things like Roundcube on Docker hub, but I'm not too fmiliar with how to set up everything inside a custom docker in Unraid

I saw Malfurious , but there was only a couple of posts and it didn't seem like it worked well. I hadn't seen the other one.  I'll play around with them and check them out. 

I was hoping for this one: https://hub.docker.com/r/mailu/roundcube but there's no Unraid template that I've found. I may just do a crash course on setting up a docker & try to get that one working too.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

I am looking for a more complete solution (a la Exchange - already have Exchange in the server that will go offline to turn to unRAID), for mail/contacts/calendar.

Saw a KerioConnect plugin, but not sure if it actually works and it must be really old, as KerioConnect AFAIK is not free any more.

Edited by NLS