Migrating to new hardware

InfInIty

So I am migrating my system from a amd APU based system to a dual socket 2011 server

For some reason my existing usb key will not boot on this system.  I am trying to get that figured out, but I have another question.

If I created a brand new usb key for unraid, no config or anything. Put my drives in the new system, then assigned thoses drives to the array without formatting would everything come back up?  I know i would need to rebuild my dockers and plugins, but that is not a huge deal.  just as long as I don't loose my data.

I am using an encrypted XFS array at the moment.

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, as long as no previous data drive is assigned to the parity slot.

I have 2 data drives, and 1 parity drive.  So long as i assign the drives exactly as they where before, i should be fine.

Will it just pick up that the array is encrypted and ask me for the pass phrase?

21 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, it will ask you for a new pass phrase, just enter the existing one.

is there anyway to create a fresh USB key, and just copy the config from the old key into it?  I think the issue is this "older" hardware is not playing nice with whatever UEFI data is on the key now.  A fresh key boots no issue, so if i could just get disk assignments and so on, that would be awesome. If not i will proceed with a fresh key