[Support] Linuxserver.io - Grocy

8 hours ago, bl3gh said:

Thanks mate.

@linuxserver.io Is it possible to help me with this?

Problem: Cant access Meal Plan & Recipes locally and externally after update to 3.0

Tried:

• I've copied the new config.php to existing install = same problem
  • Cant access Meal Plan & Recipes locally and externally
  • After coping the database + data/storage to the new install, the same problem occurs
  • Add the following to the nginx config file (/nginx/site-configs/default) along with the current default fastcgi settings

fastcgi_buffers 16 16k;
    fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;

It has something to do with file size pictures? Or quantity of pictures? I dont know. What can I try else?

Sorry,  auto-correct changed grocy to group. I'm a part of linuxserver 😉 So try asking the grocy guys

9 hours ago, saarg said:

Sorry,  auto-correct changed grocy to group. I'm a part of linuxserver 😉 So try asking the grocy guys

No problem. The Grocy guys say I need to be here. Right now I've a nuked grocy with months and months of work in it. Grocy pointing me to UNRAID and UNRAID pointing me to Grocy, awesome stuff.

Thanks for your answer mate! I'll investigate it further

5 hours ago, bl3gh said:

No problem. The Grocy guys say I need to be here. Right now I've a nuked grocy with months and months of work in it. Grocy pointing me to UNRAID and UNRAID pointing me to Grocy, awesome stuff.

Thanks for your answer mate! I'll investigate it further

They should be able to figure out what the issue is. If it's theirs or ours. They just pointed you here without any attempts  to find the issue?

Is it the same problem if you set up a new instance with an empty appdata folder and database? And no reverse proxy if you have that.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:39 PM, saarg said:

They should be able to figure out what the issue is. If it's theirs or ours. They just pointed you here without any attempts  to find the issue?

Is it the same problem if you set up a new instance with an empty appdata folder and database? And no reverse proxy if you have that.

The main developer himself after putting it on github:

This is not the right place for help requests, please use the subreddit as mentioned in README (which you probably already did, so double posting brings nothing than noise...).

Or if you think this is a bug maybe the issue tracker of the Docker Image you are using (which one would be probably a helpful information) - I personally have unfortunately absolutely no expierence with Docker.

I've put it on reddit first, then tried github, and here I am :)

A new install works fine! 100%

The problem start when I attach the "old" stuff to it. The db file and storage folder.

And it's the same on local and external access so no swag involved.

I'm using WinSCP, so this is what I can find.

• docker logs grocy look fine, nothing wrong.
  • error.log from nginx in grocy appdata folder (I've removed my internal IP)
2021/01/01 15:12:08 [error] 331#331: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: stay_logged_in in /app/grocy/middleware/DefaultAuthMiddleware.php on line 36" while reading response header from upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "0.0.0.0:9283", referrer: "http://0.0.0.0:9283/login"

2021/01/01 15:12:44 [error] 331#331: *15 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: _, request: "GET /recipes HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: " 0.0.0.0:9283", referrer: "http://0.0.0.0:9283/shoppinglist"

It takes me some time to dig, I'm pretty noobish with this stuff.

Edited by bl3gh
added more info
27 minutes ago, bl3gh said:

The main developer himself after putting it on github:

I've put it on reddit first, then tried github, and here I am :)

A new install works fine! 100%

The problem start when I attach the "old" stuff to it. The db file and storage folder.

And it's the same on local and external access so no swag involved.

I'm using WinSCP, so this is what I can find.

• docker logs grocy look fine, nothing wrong.
  • error.log from nginx in grocy appdata folder (I've removed my internal IP)

2021/01/01 15:12:08 [error] 331#331: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: stay_logged_in in /app/grocy/middleware/DefaultAuthMiddleware.php on line 36" while reading response header from upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "0.0.0.0:9283", referrer: "http://0.0.0.0:9283/login"

2021/01/01 15:12:44 [error] 331#331: *15 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: _, request: "GET /recipes HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: " 0.0.0.0:9283", referrer: "http://0.0.0.0:9283/shoppinglist"

It takes me some time to dig, I'm pretty noobish with this stuff.

If it's working with a new install, there is something broken in your old install. I can't really help with that as I don't use or know how grocy is programmed. It shouldn't really matter if it's in a docker or not for finding out what is wrong from the developers side. But you posted on reddit as they asked.

It could be a corrupt database or a setting in your config.php that is wrong for newer versions. Or maybe permissions? I guess you are copying the files using root? Then the permissions will be wrong and you need to change it to nobody:users.

You don't have to redact your internal IP. It's internal and doesn't reveal anything sensitive data.

Edited by saarg
On 1/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, saarg said:

If it's working with a new install, there is something broken in your old install. I can't really help with that as I don't use or know how grocy is programmed. It shouldn't really matter if it's in a docker or not for finding out what is wrong from the developers side. But you posted on reddit as they asked.

It could be a corrupt database or a setting in your config.php that is wrong for newer versions. Or maybe permissions? I guess you are copying the files using root? Then the permissions will be wrong and you need to change it to nobody:users.

You don't have to redact your internal IP. It's internal and doesn't reveal anything sensitive data.

Thanks man, i've checked everything I could and have no idea. On the verge tossing it out of the window.

Maybe a older version can help so I can check to get the data out of it. Any idea how I get the pre 3.0 version?
Yeah I know you don't have Grocy, but you're my only life line atm :)

Thanks anyways.

3 hours ago, Flubster said:

Not that you want to hear this - but my recipes and meal plans migrated to version 3 with no issues at all.

Dave

I figured It's something on my end because I'm the only one whining about it. Nice to know you've no problems!

• 4 weeks later...

I try to add products by Pantry party as a scanner.
Party pantry is connecting to Grocy by IP and API.

If i scan a product with Pantry Party it will not save in Grocy giving an error 400 missing barcode column in the database of Grocy.

image.thumb.png.6fd0caf04d0e7c844da1bb52809ac170.png

Any Ideas?

Edited by canedje
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, horphi said:

Hello,

how can i update the container to the latest grocy version?

BR

Phil

3.0.1? That's what we are building, so you should get that.

If you want a beta release, then we don't build that.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Raza said:

Hey! Just recently grocy has been giving me a 502 bad gateway error when I try loading the /products page. Any thoughts as to why, or how to fix this?

nginx log shows many similar entries like this:

And this:

Thinking I need to edit something in the nginx "default" config file?

**Edit** Found the solution! Add the following to the nginx config file (/nginx/site-configs/default) along with the current default fastcgi settings.  Potentially this should be added to the docker container's default?

fastcgi_buffers 16 16k;
fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;

Many thanks, this helped!

• 8 months later...

I have a question. I have grocy docker-compose running and working, but i want grocy save data (my products, reciples and so on) in another location.

Actually, i cant even find where it saved now. But i want it saved in my mounted disk in /home/user/disk/grocyDB

I use docker-compose from here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/grocy

I understand that i need to do something with "volumes: - /path/to/data:/config" but dont understand what. 

Changing it to "volumes: - /path/to/data:/home/user/disk/GrocyDB" doesnt seems to do anything, folder remain empty

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, ssjucrono said:

I think the same thing happened to me. Grocy just broke

image.png.7f4a5d3981ddcec6877a743bed9315a7.png

Did you ever figure this out?  I just started getting the same thing.

Edit:  So in order to solve this on my side, here I steps I took.

1. Stopped grocy

2. Renamed my grocy appdata folder

3. Started grocy, then stopped it again after a minute

4. copied data/storage ,  data/config.php and data/grocy.db from my old appdata folder over to the new grocy appdata floder

5. Restarted grocy and everything worked!

Edited by nickctn