Cant save Windows 10 VM template

I am having an issue with one of my VM templates and would like some advice.

I have a Windows 10 VM with GPU and USB controller passthrough. I need to move a card that was in a PCI slot to another PCI slot. Even though I did not move the GPU I was passing through it now has a different ID.

As a result the VM does not work anymore. I am not surprised. However, the problem is I cant seem to update the VM. When I change the GPU back to VNC and select update it displays "Updating" (greyed out) but never seems to progress. If I go back to the VM list the change isnt saved. I am presuming something is wrong with the template.

My other VMs dont have this issue. I know I can create the VM easily enough but am cautious as the Windows 10 VM is activated. Can I just change the template XML without creating an issues with the activation?

I checked that out. I hadnt changed the VM name and the Vdisk location still reflected the Vdisk folder name. I got it to save by changing the vidsk setting to manual.

Anyways, seems I caused a worse problem.

My Nvidia GPU doesnt seem to work now, on any VM. No errors when I pass the GPU through, using the same vbios as when it worked yesterday, just no output to the displays.  I tried moving the cards back to their original locations. No luck.

;-(

UPDATE: Appears Code 43 has occurred on my GTX1080.

UPDATE: Fixed the problem utilising Teamviewer instead of VNC.

Edited by darrenyorston
updated information