[Solved] Complete Movie Folders Not Moved

mifronte

I keep my Blu-ray rips in folder format.  The lastest mover process only moved the small files and not the large mts file.  The reason being is that one of my disk is full ( the other disks have space, one is even empty).  My disk writing policy is to not split folders across disks.  I did not realized that this would create the problem with the mover deciding to move all the small files in each movie folder to one disk and then attempting to move the large mts file.  Since my writing policy does not allow splitting folders across multiple disc, the mover errors out with not enough disk space.  Of course this leaves me with incomplete movie folders.

1. With unRaid 6.6.6 where can I find the disk writing policy?  I tried looking in Disk Settings, but that only has the thresholds.

2. Doesn't the mover check to ensure the entire folder can be moved to a disk before moving it if my policy is to not split folders across disks?

3. What is the cleanest way to restore the partially moved folders back to the cache drive to restore everything back prior to the move?

4. This used to work for several years, but I think I may have changed something in the writing policy a couple of version ago.  What should it be and where can I set it (see #1)?

Edited by mifronte

Found the settings in the Share tab.  Looked like I used to use High Water, and then changed it to Fill Up.  I assume that folders would not be moved if there were not enough space for the entire folder.

What should the setting be to ensure entire folders are moved?  I have the policy at manual.

Unraid will never relocate existing files on the array regardless of a settings change.

You will need to use something like Krusader and move the file(s)/folder(s) from (VERY IMPORTANT) /mnt/diskX/... to /mnt/cache/... and then re-run mover.

(Alternatively, you can simply cut the folders from your share and paste them on your desktop, then transfer them back to have the new allocation / split levels take effect.)

Once I restore my cache drive prior to the move process.  How can I ensure that this will not happen again in the future?  It appears that with the split level of manual, there is no checking to ensure an entire folder can be moved unto a disk prior to moving the folder.  I would have expected that I receive an error and no files in the folder have been moved.  This way, I would add another empty disk to the server and rerun mover again.