Any good reasons to activate windows?

jordanmw

I'm kind of curious if anyone has come up with any downsides to not ever activating windows besides the stupid watermark.  Any real "downside" to just using windows 10 with no activation?  I've been doing this for months now and the only reason that I can come up with to buy 4 copies of windows- is that my crew razzes me about the activation message.  I've offered to remove it for the cost of a copy of windows.... heh.

I'm kind of curious if anyone has come up with any downsides to not ever activating windows besides the stupid watermark.  Any real "downside" to just using windows 10 with no activation?  I've been doing this for months now and the only reason that I can come up with to buy 4 copies of windows- is that my crew razzes me about the activation message.  I've offered to remove it for the cost of a copy of windows.... heh.

Just buy one from kinguin https://www.kinguin.net/?r=34615

Much cheaper on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah- that is where my current licenses came from- but can't justify spending 180ish on licensing 4 windows copies just to get rid of the watermarks.

There’s only cosmetic limitations.

The watermark, not being able to change wallpaper from within personalisation(you can still right click in explorer and set it though) and some messages in settings.

Everything else is the same even updates.

Not sure of the legality of it but I don’t think MS is too fussed about it compared to people using Windows for commercial purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certain big e-bay user accounts sell windows keys for $4 or $5.. mostly UK ebay accounts. just look for ones with huge stars/reviews in recent months. they normally say in description: get your key in message/email in 1-3 mins. 
I got mine in 1 minute. mostly its computer recycling companies that rip the keys off of recycled computers. for personal use/gaming, there is zero issue with it. I've had mine running for about 1 yr so far, no problems.

Edited by nasforthemass
spelling