NVIDIA GTX1060 passthrough not working

850cc

Cannot boot W10 with nvidia passthrough. Steps taken :

- Downloaded bios with gpu-z from my card and modified as discribed by spaceinvader one. copied to folder on unraid and configured vm. This seems to modify the xml for the vm automatically under unraid 6.6.6

- vm starts according to gui but no ping or rdp to vm. with VNC as graphics cards all works well

- upgraded to 6.6.7 > no result

- boot unraid in UEFI > no result

- downloaded bios from techpowerup and modified as spaceinvader one explanes > no result

Can somebody help ? 

I had some similar issues and it really boiled down to dumping the bios from the actual card I was using- edit out the nvidia header with hex editor- then point it to that rom when building the machine.  Then ran the full windows install from the physical monitor and it worked flawlessly.  If I added VNC at any point it did not load video drivers.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:20 AM, Chris Reilly said:

I'm facing the same issues with a GTX 1070 - what is the aforementioned dump command? I just found nvflash but quite not sure how to use it. ie afraid to break something. 

Linux is better, nvflash is not needed...  Let UnRaid boot the card with the default drivers (not vfio-pci, or the NVidia unraid plugin) then watch this video, it has the commands you need...

P.S. I love Space Invader One, his videos are awesome!!