SOLVED: UnRAID 6.6.7 Possible Docker UI bug with static IP assignment

2twisty

TL;DR: "Open web gui" menu option does not link to the correct IP:Port, but can access by typing IP:port manually.

Here's the example I'm using so someone might try to duplicate it:

My Network info: 

192.168.3.0/24

GW: 192.168.3.1, pfSense 2.4.4-RELEASE-p2 on actual separate hardware

DCHP from pfSense, range 192.168.3.100-199

DNS from pfSense

UnRAID 6.6.7 box  @ 192.168.3.21

I have several containers using the standard bridge mode that maps ports from the host IP to the 172.16 private docker subnet. I want some of my containers to have unique IPs on my network.  

I added the OwnCloud container from Owncloud.  I chose network Custom:br0 and set the static IP to 192.168.3.249. I left all the default options in the container. For reference, it SAYS that it will map port 8000 to 80. Then I complete the config and return to the docker menu, and it's running. The docker screen then says its listening on port 80, but the "open web gui" option tries to open on port 8000. 

The Open Web Gui choice results in a "connection refused" error.  If I manually type the address using port 80, it loads the web gui as expected.

If I go back into the container config and specify port 80, the "open web gui" option STILL tries to open port 8000.

See attached image.....

docker screen.jpg

Edited by 2twisty
clarification

OK.  I decided to experiment and changed it to PORT:80, and it fixed the problem.

Since I've had similar problems with containers in the past, I guess this is a common problem.  I've been trying to get separate IPs working for a long time, but only just now noticed the mapping issue. 

Thanks for the info, and hopefully this post will help someone else.

• 2twisty changed the title to SOLVED: UnRAID 6.6.7 Possible Docker UI bug with static IP assignment