Adding third cache drive won't increase the array size

bb12489

I currently have two 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD's in a raid 0 setup for cache drives. I needed space and speed over redundancy. I recently came into possession of a third 500GB EVO drive, and when adding it to the cache pool, it kicks off a re-balance as expected. Once the balance has finished though, the array size still sits at 1TB instead of the expected 1.5TB. I thought this might be because Unraid switch the RAID level during the automatic balance, but upon checking, it says I'm still running in raid 0 config. So I tried yet another balance to raid 0 with the same result, then finally tried balancing to raid 1 and back to raid 0, with again, the same result...

The only thing that stands out to me as being odd (aside from the space not increasing) is that the drive shows no read or write activities on it (shown in the screenshot). Does anyone have any recommendations? 

cache.PNG

The device was never added to the pool, don't know why but you mounted the device with UD just before adding to the pool, so it was busy and failed when Unraid tried to wipe it.

Feb 24 17:19:46 Tower root: wipefs: error: /dev/sdd1: probing initialization failed: Device or resource busy

Unmount the device on UD, unassign it from the pool, start array, stop array, re-add to pool.

20 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

The device was never added to the pool, don't know why but you mounted the device with UD just before adding to the pool, so it was busy and failed when Unraid tried to wipe it.

Feb 24 17:19:46 Tower root: wipefs: error: /dev/sdd1: probing initialization failed: Device or resource busy

Unmount the device on UD, unassign it from the pool, start array, stop array, re-add to pool.

That did it! Thank you. I must have mounted it for some stupid reason. Everything is working probably now!