cs go VAC status unRAID

sky

Hello guys, i am really interesed to go with an unRAID setup but it will be mainly for gaming and browsing. (2 VMs) I want to know if the problems with VAC are solved , i would not want to set it up all to be forced to ended up using barebone pc again.  The last time i saw on the forum its this : https://forums.unraid.net/topic/55235-632-win-10-wm-steam-issue/#comment-540135

Some of you that use steam and play CS:GO lately have any problems? Sorry if its the wrong section of the forum i thought that was the right place since i am interesed to know this before i buy it. ( I know i can test it for a month but maybe VAC wont trigger in that time period)

Thanks you all !

Hello guys, i am really interesed to go with an unRAID setup but it will be mainly for gaming and browsing. (2 VMs) I want to know if the problems with VAC are solved , i would not want to set it up all to be forced to ended up using barebone pc again.  The last time i saw on the forum its this : https://forums.unraid.net/topic/55235-632-win-10-wm-steam-issue/#comment-540135

Some of you that use steam and play CS:GO lately have any problems? Sorry if its the wrong section of the forum i thought that was the right place since i am interesed to know this before i buy it. ( I know i can test it for a month but maybe VAC wont trigger in that time period)

Thanks you all !

Some friends and I recently had a lan party back in December where we tried the new csgo Battle Royale mode. Played in a VM just fine for 3 days and no vac bans.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks both to the replies. I think Battle royale mode have not the VAC on , its only on matchmaking and casual, anyways reading your replies (jonp and jordanmw) i will give it a try ,the benefits and bigger than VAC concern which seems to not be a problem anymore.

Thanks guys you are awesome !

I forgot to ask something, it may be an off topic so told me if you want me to delete this entry and create a new post.

To setup will be something like :

32gb ram

i7

x2 graphics card.

May i asign all the cores and the 32 gb of ram to VM1 and when VM2 power on too split to 16-16 GM ram for each one and same with cores?

Sometimes i play games with my brother but mainly on weekends, so the rest of the days i would want full system capacities to the VM1 which will be the one i use daily.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. I think i do not explain it well or you missunderstand me. The goal is to have two gaming VMs but one of them will be used only on weekends.                User1 : main VM.                                              User2: VM used on weekends(with user1 powered too)                                                Can i assign all the resources to main vm ( user1) excluiding the resources that unraid needs and when i use both VMs on weekend asign half resources to user1 and half to user 2?      Thanks!

16 minutes ago, sky said:

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. I think i do not explain it well or you missunderstand me. The goal is to have two gaming VMs but one of them will be used only on weekends.                User1 : main VM.                                              User2: VM used on weekends(with user1 powered too)                                                Can i assign all the resources to main vm ( user1) excluiding the resources that unraid needs and when i use both VMs on weekend asign half resources to user1 and half to user 2?      Thanks!

This should be possible.    It is not clear whether you have enough RAM to have both VMs running at the same time or whether user1 needs to use less RAM at the weekends?  One way is to have a different VM for User1 at the weekends (but using the same vdisk).   If you have enough RAM for both VMs to run concurrently another way is to just let the system dynamically allocate CPUs between the two VMs on demand  realising that they can then affect each others performance, but since they may not require the CPUs at the same time the impact may be minimal.

Sorry for being too insistent and idiot but i do not understand it or may i not explain it well :

Hardware : i7   32gb RAM

Goal : Run daily one Virtual Machine for browsing and gaming with the maximum resource i can allocate to it.

EXAMPLE : 30gb ram and let 2gb for unRAID , and also 1 core for unRAID the rest of them to the VM

Have another VM so i can play games on weekend with my brother at the same time. The idea is when i power the two VM , split the resources , like 15gb ram each one and let the 2gb for unRAID. Same with CPU cores.

I would like to do this way because the two VM simultaneously scenario it's very rare and i don`t want to limit the machine that i use daily. 

Currently i have 2 PC but i would like to built it on one box with unraid. Hope i was clear , sorry for my english level.

I apreciate a lot the help guys, you are an awesome community, happy to join it.