Drives dropping out of array into UD (split from Preclear Results)

TODDLT

Well 1st round test says RClone is the issue.  It was left on last night, no pre-clear/smart test.  No backup drive present.  This morning no GUI response the rootfs is full.  

I'll do the reverse tonight, turning off RClone and trying to get a pre-clear to complete, but this appears to be the issue.  Assuming that to be true, what can be done with RClone to get it not to write to rootfs?  Is there something that can be put in the command line or is it in the software?

33596551_df-h.JPG.df1e9c40ca897086353dd134d500faa1.JPG

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just now looked and it did NOT error out this morning.   The Preclear is nearly complete, still running and no errors on the page request with RClone disabled.

Thank you for helping to spot this issue.  Obviously as it comes to pre-clears I can manage this, but to avoid the odd occurrence is there a way to set up RClose so it just stops/errors out instead of filling up Rootfs?

Please let me know but I wont be able to respond or work on anything with this until tonight. 

Thanks again! . 

Edited by TODDLT

You can use a script like this:

#!/bin/bash

command="ping cnn.com"
mountpoint="/mnt/disks/Backup_Data_1"

if mountpoint -q "$mountpoint"; then

$command &
  pid=$!

while mountpoint -q "$mountpoint" && kill -0 $pid &>/dev/null; do
    sleep 0.1
  done

kill -9 $pid &>/dev/null
fi

Change the command and the mountpoint variables in the beginning of the script to the values you actually use.

Sorry I've been inaccessible durign the past couple days.  I have Userscripts run the 4 nearly identical RClose lines daily.  These are "sync'd" so it both copies and deletes the backup location so it's kept identical to the original location.  

#!/bin/bash

rclone sync "/mnt/user/Backup Items" "/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Backup"
rclone sync "/mnt/user/Media/Music" "/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music"
rclone sync "/mnt/user/Media/Music (uncat)" "/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music (uncat)"
rclone sync "/mnt/user/SACD" "/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD"

The script you have written above mine is a little above my pay grade.  It looks like you are setting a location to be known as "mountpoint" and they putting conditions on allowing it to run when it actually exists, otherwise killing it.   I dont know enough of the command lines to fully follow it.  Can you show me how to apply it to the 4 lines above?

Also... what is the purpose of the "ping" command line above for cnn.com?  Is that actually supposed to be there?  I know what "ping" does but no idea what that could have to do with RClone.

I should be more accessible with limited interruption the rest of tonight and tomorrow to respond.

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by TODDLT
#!/bin/bash

exec_while_mountpoint() {
  command=$1
  mountpoint=$2

$command &
    pid=$!

sleep 0.1
    done

kill -9 $pid &>/dev/null
  fi
}

backup_disk="/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1"

exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Backup Items' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Backup'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Media/Music' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Media/Music (uncat)' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music (uncat)'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/SACD' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD'" "$backup_disk"

9 hours ago, gfjardim said:

#!/bin/bash

command=$1
  mountpoint=$2

$command &
    pid=$!

sleep 0.1
    done

kill -9 $pid &>/dev/null
  fi
}

exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Backup Items' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Backup'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Media/Music' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/Media/Music (uncat)' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music (uncat)'" "$backup_disk"
exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/SACD' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD'" "$backup_disk"

thank you for that.   

So that script runs the same backup/sync and will do nothing if it can't find the backup location?

Edited by TODDLT
11 hours ago, gfjardim said:

Yes, it will skip the rsync command if the disk isn't present and abort it if the disk drop.

Here is what I got:

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/New RClone/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
Usage:
rclone sync source:path dest:path [flags]

Flags:
-h, --help help for sync

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command sync needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 3 non flag arguments: ["'/mnt/user/Backup" "Items'" "'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Backup'"]
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 Failed to sync: not deleting files as there were IO errors
Usage:
rclone sync source:path dest:path [flags]

Flags:
-h, --help help for sync

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command sync needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 4 non flag arguments: ["'/mnt/user/Media/Music" "(uncat)'" "'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/Music" "(uncat)'"]
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Local file system at /'/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/03/09 17:46:30 Failed to sync: not deleting files as there were IO errors

I don't know anything about the added "mountpoint" language so not going to attempt to work on this one alone.

19 hours ago, TODDLT said:

Trying to resurrect some help with this.   Can you please see my response above?

Thanks in advance.

Please try now:

#!/bin/bash

command=$1
  mountpoint=$2

bash -c "$command" &
    pid=$!

sleep 0.1
    done

if kill -0 $pid &>/dev/null; then
      echo killing pid $pid
      kill -9 $pid &>/dev/null
    fi
  fi
}

exec_while_mountpoint "rclone sync '/mnt/user/SACD' '/mnt/disks/Data_Backup_1/SACD'" "$backup_dir"

On 3/17/2019 at 6:01 PM, gfjardim said:

Please try now:

I tried this tonight and it appears to work, no errors.   The backup drive did spin up, and it took about about 5 mins or more (didn't time it).  During most of that time, I noticed the drives containing the original data were staying spun down.  Somewhere near the end, not exactly sure where, they spun up.   

Is this because cache dirs is turned on and it was scanning the backup location against the cache and then only spun up when it actually found something to copy over?  If not why?  is there any way to be sure it's running properly.

No errors were returned.  This is what I got at the end of the 5 mins or more.  Only these two lines, which is all I get on the old script too.

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/New RClone/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script.  

Let me know what you think.  Any way to be certain it's working correctly?

Thanks for the help, it's looking good.  I know it took a little time to figure all that out.

Edited by TODDLT
On 3/19/2019 at 12:44 AM, TODDLT said:

Let me know what you think.  Any way to be certain it's working correctly?

Thanks for the help, it's looking good.  I know it took a little time to figure all that out.

This version I tested myself, and I see no reason it didn't work with you. Glad to being able to help you.