1st AM4 Server/Workstation Motherboard!

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U#Specifications

mATX

Comes with:

Dual Intel NIC

ECC Ram support

Onboard Graphics (!!!!!!)

6 x 6 Gbp/s SATA ports (plus an additional 2 with a controller...kind of blows but I wonder if you could flash it)

IPMI

Hopefully this actually sees the consumer market. It might have me switch from Team Blue to Team Red. If it comes out in a full ATX, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat.

EDIT 4/4/19: It looks like all 8 SATA ports will be available to be used with UnRAID because the other 2 ports are controlled by an Asmedia 1061 controller, which is compatible with UnRAID.

Edited by ramblinreck47
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, ramblinreck47 said:

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U#Specifications

mATX

Comes with:

Dual Intel NIC

ECC Ram support

Onboard Graphics (!!!!!!)

6 x 6 Gbp/s SATA ports (plus an additional 2 with a controller...kind of blows but I wonder if you could flash it)

IPMI

Hopefully this actually sees the consumer market. It might have me switch from Team Blue to Team Red. If it comes out in a full ATX, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat.

How cool is that!? I didn't know that boards like this are planned! I will have a look at it and my brain is already thinking about a full ATX version of this paired with a 3rd gen Ryzen 16core CPU! :D

It's already out, I have a couple of PCI-E host adapters and an expander. How bad would it be if use one of those 1 x1 port to 4 x16 risers? Also, do you know if the 3rd gen is supported properly by unraid?
I am looking for where this board is sold...

I have not seen it for sale yet... can you tell me where you saw it out for sale?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, csantiago78 said:

It's already out, I have a couple of PCI-E host adapters and an expander. How bad would it be if use one of those 1 x1 port to 4 x16 risers? Also, do you know if the 3rd gen is supported properly by unraid?

I’m assuming Ryzen 3000 series will be supported but we won’t know for sure until they actually launch Zen 2 in a couple of months. 

1 hour ago, Benson said:

A simple and interesting ( so many jumper and SMBus ) board with IPMI and two M2, but if no CPUfree BIOS update feature, it would be problem on how to update the BIOS to support Ryzen 3000.

AMD offered up free kits to update your bios for the Ryzen 2000 series. I don’t know why they wouldn’t do that for the 3000 series as well.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/264097-amd-shipping-free-processors-customers-address-apu-firmware-update-issue

• 1 month later...