Time to replace the SAS card?

extrobe

After applying the latest update and rebooting, UR reported 4 disks being missing. All were attached to the same breakout cable on the same controller.

(3x DELL Perc H200s)

Usual trouble shooting - shut down, check connections - restart. 8 disks now missing - arghh, but it's all disks on that same controller.

By now I'm looking on eBay to see how quickly I can get a replacement, but tried moving the controller to a different slot - and boom - all worked fine.

--

How likely is it that this was in fact a MoBo slot issue, and how likely is it that this is a sign I need to replace the raid card?

1 hour ago, Taddeusz said:

What happens if you move the card back to the original slot or put another one of your cards in that slot? It's possible that the connection to the card was interrupted in that slot due to dirt. Moving it to another slot "fixed" it.

Yes, that's certainly a possibility. I think I'm going to order another anyway (they're not super expensive) and then do some more testing

Now, I did have all three of these cards in consecutive slots - and the one I'm having problems with is the one sandwiched in the middle. These things can get pretty hot, so that could be a contributing factor as well.