Replaced Failed Disk Formatted As Reiserfs On 6.2.2

Hi,

Haven't posted on the forums for what seems like years!

Anyway, I had a red balled disk(an old 2TB EARS hdd) so I replaced it with a WD 6TB Blue, did a preclear, its passed fine, clicked on Rebuild/Parity check, it took a while for the page to refresh so assumed it was formatting the new disk so forgot about it for a few days, today when Ive check to see if it had finished, I noticed that the new drive has been formatted as Reiserfs instead of xfs(the old disk was Reiserfs), is that normal behaviour?

Under settings my default file system is set as xfs.

Also, only half the data has been rebuilt onto the new disk, I managed to get all of the data off the old disk as it was emulated and I had enough room on another hdd in my rig to cope so no data loss! So I'm wondering if I should reformat the new disk again to xfs and transfer what was on there back onto it and run another parity check?

Cheers

Mitch

Edited by Compass
1 hour ago, Compass said:

I noticed that the new drive has been formatted as Reiserfs instead of xfs(the old disk was Reiserfs), is that normal behaviour?

A disk will always be rebuilt with the existing filesystem.

1 hour ago, Compass said:

Also, only half the data has been rebuilt onto the new disk,

This isn't normal, possibly it had filesystem corruption, or parity wasn't 100% valid.

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

A disk will always be rebuilt with the existing filesystem.

This isn't normal, possibly it had filesystem corruption, or parity wasn't 100% valid.

Righto thanks for the reply....think I will re-format as there is nothing much on it and then transfer the saved files back onto it and then parity check