Shucked WD drive name changed - HELP!!

So my unraid array used to be all usb 3.0 drives.  8TB

2 segates and 1 WD easystore

The 2 segates I was able to shuck and they are showing up in the array without issue.

the WD drive name changed.  Am I save to go ahead and start the array and just let parity rebuild it?  Or should I do something different?

Capture.PNG

If you are sure that the parity is OK you could do that.

Much safer would be to:

1. make a note of the parity drive  or better off just disconnect the parity drive

2. go to Tools-> new config -> apply

3. go back to Main tab and add the two drives as disk1 and disk2

4. start the array

If everything is OK and you can access all the data stop the machine and add the parity drive - no parity rebuild is reqired, if not then you might have mixed up the data with the parity drive.

If the WD enclosure remaps the sectors, or does any other type of manipulation that interferes with partitioning, then doing a new config may make data recovery harder.

The absolute safest method would be to rebuild to a different drive in case it's necessary to put the WD back in the enclosure to allow it to be read.

This is one of the reasons why USB is not recommended for array devices.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

The absolute safest method would be to rebuild to a different drive in case it's necessary to put the WD back in the enclosure to allow it to be read.

^this

The emulated disk would have the correct data as far as the parity array is concerned. There is no guarantee what the actual physical disk contains.