[Solved] 16gb Ram Not Detected Anymore

my motherboard has stopped detecting all sticks 4x8gb. 32gb total.

the max detected is 16gb no matter how i juggle them around in the slots

have tested each slot and stick and they work just fine in set of 2 but not when all 4 are being used

system worked great for the last 4 years or so and recently just stopped on a reboot

any input??

Edited by Furby8704

I've seen that happen before. In most cases it's a lack of sufficiently clean power to the memory. Unfortunately the memory power comes from the CPU through the motherboard, so it may not be fixable without replacing the board. You can try a power supply, but that didn't help in the cases I saw.

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

I've seen that happen before. In most cases it's a lack of sufficiently clean power to the memory. Unfortunately the memory power comes from the CPU through the motherboard, so it may not be fixable without replacing the board. You can try a power supply, but that didn't help in the cases I saw.

hmm could i troubleshoot my psu by taking some load off it and see if that gets it going or do i need a whole new psu??

17 hours ago, Furby8704 said:

my motherboard has stopped detecting all sticks 4x8gb. 32gb total.

the max detected is 16gb no matter how i juggle them around in the slots

have tested each slot and stick and they work just fine in set of 2 but not when all 4 are being used

system worked great for the last 4 years or so and recently just stopped on a reboot

any input??

I did some tests in the past with the G.Skill Ripjaws on my Asrock B75 Pro3-M and found out that this RAMs are not really stable on this board.

Maybe change the RAMs to Crucial or Corsair (only for testing) and see what happens - i use 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport and they work fine.

Also possible that the CPU/MB have some problems... i would rule out the PSU.

Edited by Zonediver
16 hours ago, Zonediver said:

I did some tests in the past with the G.Skill Ripjaws on my Asrock B75 Pro3-M and found out that this RAMs are not really stable on this board.

Maybe change the RAMs to Crucial or Corsair (only for testing) and see what happens - i use 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport and they work fine.

Also possible that the CPU/MB have some problems... i would rule out the PSU.

hmm ok. so replacing psu is out. now i have to decide to replace ram or motherboard 😕

• 1 month later...