share folder is not accessible asking for password

Hello,

I have taken on the task to upgrade 2 of my older UNRAID servers. One of the upgrades, started off from 4.5.6. and is now at 6.6.6. The main issue is I am not able to access any of the share folders. Trying to access them I get a user, password request to go further. I have never set up any other account from the root user. I am attaching the Zip that is asked in some of the other issue I have read through. I have double checked the setting global setting and its set to all disk.

tower-diagnostics-20190302-1443.zip

Technically, root user only has guest access to shares on the network. If all your shares are set to Public access then anybody should be able to read/write them, but you really should create one or more users in Unraid and give them appropriate permissions to each share.

Also, did you run New Permissions after you upgraded? The security model changed after V4.7 and New Perms was required to go to the next versions after that. Did you follow any guide for upgrading?

You might also have to go to Credential Manager (on Windows or whatever the equivalent is on your PC) and delete the credentials to your Unraid server so they can be renegotiated.

There is a whole "sticky" thread pinned near the top of this same subforum discussing Windows issues accessing your Unraid shares so take a look there also.

• 2 weeks later...