Docker cache is not a cache-only share....

Good day! Please tell me in the next question. When writing data to a cache disk(through qbittorrent) in the log, the following message appears: Tower root: Fix common problems: Error: docker cache is not a cache-only share.

What does this mean and how critical is it? Thank you very much!

P.s. If necessary, I will send a diagnostic file.

36 minutes ago, mikemas said:

I will send a diagnostic file.

Please in future save us the trouble of having to ask for it yet again. Asking for it is the first thing I usually have to do when looking at any thread.

Attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

• Like 1

k.  The second time I was still trying to download the first zip for some reason.

Anyway, as suspected FCP is correct.  Your appdata share is set to use Cache: YES

While this isn't a problem per se, your performance will suffer significantly, as all of the metadata, etc for any of the apps you've got installed get moved whenever possible to the array.  By and large, most people have the appdata share set to be use cache:Prefer so that it stays on the cache drive and overflows if necessary to the array

• Like 1

The message pops up because Fix Common Problems is looking at the settings for the appdata share which is set to Use Cache: YES.  This means that any and all of the data stored in the appdata share get moved to the array whenever mover runs.  This includes your downloads (if this is stored inside the appdata share), all the settings, metadata, etc for any and all containers etc.  

Once the files are on the array, they do not get moved back to the cache drive under any circumstance.  You want it as prefer

• Like 1

Can I ask you one more question?
If, for example, I want to install any operating system then I will need to look for a place for it so that this system does not move into the array along with my downloads. How do you advise me to be in this case? Thank you.

VM's vdisks are stored by default (can be changed) in the domains share.  Which is default use Cache:Prefer.  So yes it would stay on the cache drive.

When clicking into a share from the Shares tab, click on Help (or the ? depending on unRaid version) and you'll see the options explained.

• Like 1

After looking at your diagnostics, here are some specific recommendations.

Set your appdata, domains, and system shares to cache-prefer.

Disable the Docker and VM services in Settings, then run mover. This will get those shares moved from the array to cache where they belong. The reason you want these to stay on cache is so your apps and VMs won't be affected by the slower writes of the parity array, and so your apps and VMs won't keep parity and array disks spinning.

You can see which disks each user share is using by going to Shares - User Shares and clicking the Compute All button. Wait for the results, and if those shares have all their files on cache then enable Docker and VM services again.

You shouldn't be saving anything other than appdata in the appdata share. If you have downloads going there then change that. Typically people will have a downloads share or something like that they download to, and that one can be set to cache-yes so it gets moved from cache to array.

• Like 2

Good day! Please help me figure it out. I installed Bittorrent, created the config folder in the folder Cache, created the downloads folder in the folder Cache. In the qbittorrent I prescribed download paths to the downloads folder. After downloading, when I activate the Mover, the downloads folder moves to the array along with the downloaded files and disappears from the folder Cache.
How to make to move only uploaded files and subdirectories?

The diagnostic file is attached.

Thank you very much.

tower-diagnostics-20190305-0045.zip

Do you mean you actually created a user share named config? That is not the way you typically handle the config mapping of dockers.

Post your docker run command as explained in the very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

Also, it doesn't look like you actually did anything at all regarding the recommendations I gave in my previous post.

You need to slow down. Fix those things we already told you about. In fact, forget completely about getting any specific docker to work until you fix the way your system is using dockers. That means fixing those things I already mentioned in my previous post.

• Like 1

On the first question - send another screenshot.

I do not understand why jumped out.

Second question.
  I can not understand one question. I add downloads to qbittorrent, the volume of which exceeds the size of the disk cache. These downloads, when approaching this limit, for some reason ignore the established limit of 10GB, which I set in the download folder and the global share settings. Some downloads stop at that. There are no downloads to disk1, although a limit of 10GB is set.
  I do not understand why this is happening ....
1.thumb.png.918366fb507927766ddfc93747fa0694.png