Trying to determine which disks are which

I burned out 8 HDDs on an old setup. Is there anywhere in my old flash drive that I can find the serial #s to tell which disk was parity and which ones were data? I have started the process of ordering new PCBs for the old dead drives and successfully replaced a new BIOS with the old, and the drive now works again. Since these PCBs are shipped from China and aren't cheap I would like to avoid ordering one for my parity drive as I have gotten new data drives and only wish to reconstruct those. 

Hmmm. Disk serial number information is contained in the super.dat file but not in a human readable form. Do you happen to have any recent diagnostics zips? The information is in the system/vars.txt file.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

That file is created by the Appdata Backup Plugin when it runs

Ah! That's a very useful feature.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

But, if you only have 1 parity drive, then all you have to do is mount all the drives as data drives.  If only 1 comes up as unmountable, then that's your parity drive.  If more than 1 comes up like that, then post your diagnostics and wait for help

True, but he isn't really in a position to do that, given the state of his disks.

7 hours ago, John_M said:

Do you happen to have any recent diagnostics zips?

I just skimmed your post history and it looks like any diagnostics you posted were to the old forum software and aren't available anymore. Did you perhaps keep any? I know I sometimes accumulate stuff even though I don't really think I will need them again in my PC's downloads folder, for example. We can definitely pull drive assignments from the diagnostics or even a complete syslog.

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

AFAIK super.dat lists the devices in order, after the flash GUID you'll see the parity serial number, at least it always been that way when I needed to look.

I just tried loading my super.dat file into a text editor. It's a binary file and I had to change the name to super.txt first, but that's just my Mac protecting me. It looks something like this (pasting it here changed its appearance a little):

¸N+π	€*_x¬ZYÂ[£(n·[∫Ì·[18A5-0245-0710-5A6D81387113§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85C4K6OUFS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85CEKA1GFS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_8549K4V8FS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85D3KBOIFS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_855AK3Z0FS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85D8K3ZPFS9A§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85E4K6TRFS9A	

§l#TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85CHK7ROFS9A

The first readable item (18A5-0245-0710-5A6D81387113) is indeed my flash GUID and the following list of Toshiba serial numbers are, as Johnnie says, my array disks in order. So the first one is parity (TOSHIBA_MD04ACA500_85C4K6OUFS9A), then disk1, disk2, up to disk6, and finally parity2 at the very end.

4 minutes ago, mikedpitt420 said:

Wow that's an impressive find man thanks!

Not really. I can look at anyone's post history without even bothering with a search. Maybe you can to. Just click on their name. You don't have many since we switched to the new forum, and we lost all attachments from the old forum.

OK, here's one:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/76989-new-chassis-cant-see-any-disks/

If you download those diagnostics, even though you weren't seeing some of your disks then because of some issue, if you look in those diagnostics in system/vars.txt, you will see your disk serial numbers.