[Support] knex666 - Mopidy

5 hours ago, GooseGoose said:

and my snapserver post arguments:

snapserver -s pipe:///data/snapfifo-test1?name=Test1&sampleformat=44100:16:2 -s pipe:///data/snapfifo-test2?name=Test2&sampleformat=44100:16:2

i have also tried:

snapserver -s pipe:///data/snapfifo-test1?name=Test1&sampleformat=44100:16:2 snapserver -s pipe:///data/snapfifo-test2?name=Test2&sampleformat=44100:16:2

but the snapcast player on my phone only seems to pick up the first pipe file. Is this how i should be trying to do multiple streams?

I am also getting a weird issue with the second instance of mopidy3 where i click play and the audio works perfectly but it looks like it skips all of the songs on the front end. Do you know what would be causing this? 

1286441252_mopidy3weirdbug.gif.078a3d4cd0b639f31177545eaa393497.gif

cheers

You cannot use the -s pipe multiple times. just use 2 snapcast container with a different adress.

The Issue: Are you running Spotify? I had some troubble with a non valid configuration / authorisation with Spotify that endet like this.

Cheers

11 hours ago, knex666 said:

You cannot use the -s pipe multiple times. just use 2 snapcast container with a different adress.

The Issue: Are you running Spotify? I had some troubble with a non valid configuration / authorisation with Spotify that endet like this.

Cheers

ahh cool, thanks! I will try that.

nah this is just using the local files, and the same config as the instance that works (with the audio stream changed)

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 1:46 PM, knex666 said:

What is aadbbd6bbef9 in the config?

You should be fine without spotify etc.

Already know Mopidy, trying to setup this container, and it is a little bit harder than normally. But i saw this commend, en saw i had the same "aadbbd6bbef9" in de config.

This originates from github is you copy the mopidy.conf. Easly to be looked over. Can this be fixed for other users?

https://github.com/maschhoff/docker/blob/master/mopidy/mopidy.conf

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CellDweller said:

Already know Mopidy, trying to setup this container, and it is a little bit harder than normally. But i saw this commend, en saw i had the same "aadbbd6bbef9" in de config.

This originates from github is you copy the mopidy.conf. Easly to be looked over. Can this be fixed for other users?

https://github.com/maschhoff/docker/blob/master/mopidy/mopidy.conf

Thank you very much! I change that file. Dont know where this did come from.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this setup but it appears it is completely ignoring my config at /mnt/cache/appdata/mopidy/mopidy.conf.

When I shell into the container and run mopidy config I see configuration options that aren't in my current config. It's as if it's using a cahced config that you setup.

I have this setup but it appears it is completely ignoring my config at /mnt/cache/appdata/mopidy/mopidy.conf.

When I shell into the container and run mopidy config I see configuration options that aren't in my current config. It's as if it's using a cahced config that you setup.
Use /mnt/user/appdata that folder is configured to be mounten.

Cheers.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

On 9/30/2020 at 5:33 AM, pinion said:

I'm sorry, I actually am using that specific folder in my config.

To get it to do a local scan with the config in appdata i had to run:

docker exec -it Mopidy mopidy --config /etc/mopidy.conf local scan

Or when I used knex666's mopidy 3 container it picked up the config correctly

• 2 months later...

Hi knex666

I’m a fairly experienced user, but I still had trouble getting this to work. This post has gotten longer than I intended it to, but I think we both can learn something from it.

I will list the problems I experienced, when I set up this container.

• In the Unraid setup the description of the field “config“ is misleading, because the path is actually mounted to (container: /etc/mopidy.conf) instead of (container: /mopidy.conf)
  • The path that is mentioned in the field “config“ now is (container: /mopidy.conf), which, in the container, is a directory. If that’s intended, you should call it "/mopidy.conf.d"
  • Running `ps aux` in the container reveals that Mopidy is run with two config files. These are (container: /etc/mopidy.conf) and (container: /mopidy.conf), which, again, is a directory. I'm not sure if that really works, but if it does, see point above.
  • The description of the field “Host Path 2“ is also misleading, because the path is mounted to a directory (container: /tmp/) instead  of (container: /tmp/snapfifo)

• mounting the FIFO for Snapcast on a share results in an open file handle on the spinning hard drives, if appdata is located on one. In consequence, they won’t be able to be spun down. If appdata is located on an SSD-cache, then the SSD will be worn out, because of data being written to it continuously. The appropriate place to mount a FIFO is /tmp, which should result in a FIFO in ram.

• I set the Host path to (host: /tmp/snapcast/) for this container and for the Snapcast container

• Then, if i try to set Snapcast to enabled in the Iris-UI, it tells me that i have to modify the config file, maybe you could hint at this in the XML:

• Snapcast has to be enabled as an option to iris.

• Or you just set it to enabled in the image. As long as no host and port are set, one can still disable Snapcast from UI.

[iris]
snapcast_enabled = true

• Running the library scan from iris-ui fails, because some script there seems to be depending on sudo, which isn’t installed in this container-image
  • Running the library scan from within the container `mopidy --config /etc/mopidy.conf local scan` scans my library fine, but none of the frontends care.
    • The default library for this plugin is a JSON file, that isn’t persisted. The File is only read on start of Mopidy.
  • Let’s use [local]  library = sqlite, so library updates are reflected immediately
    • Since the images default config sets local-sqlite as active anyway, i don’t see a reason not to make this a default too
  • Of course, that sqlite DB isn’t mounted to any unraid share, so all changes are dropped, when mopidy restarts.
    • mount (container: /var/lib/mopidy/.local/share/mopidy/local-sqlite/) to /mnt/user/appdata/mopidy/sqlite/ and finally the local db works
    • oh but then, of course, something always seems to be deleting the sqlite database, when redeploying the container from unraid.
    • That really isn’t so bad, if the collection is small enough, but for big collections it could be bothersome.
  • MPD plugin is set to listen to 127.0.0.1 only per default. i think it should be set to 0.0.0.0 per default. One can still choose not to expose the port within docker.

Regarding Snapcast docker:

• snapcast-docker always throws these two errors when starting:
2020-12-22 10-16-58 [Err] Error reading config: [json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at 1: syntax error - unexpected end of input; expected '[', '{', or a literal
2020-12-22 10-16-58 [Err] Failed to create client: Daemon not running

While debugging all this, i also noticed that there are some old logs left over from before image creation. You might wanna get rid of these.

root@9cedf0bbf4a4:/# ls -l /var/log/mopidy/
total 24
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21987 Feb 25  2019 mopidy.log

image.png

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, cr4mbr said:

Hello guys. I am trying to setup mopidy on unraid, but when i install it and run it i get "Execution error Bad parameters" if i install mopidy3 i can run it and get to the webgui. What am i missing here?

Thanks

Can you post the docker run statement that is shown in your browser after you click on "apply" there should be a docker parameter thats is not suppost do be there. maybe my template is broken?

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

On the template?

The default ( http://[IP]:[PORT:6680]/ ) has the docker system already replace those entries with the applicable values

yes, on the template. when I set "Fixed IP address (optional):" to blank, it auto assign an ip that is already taken on my LAN.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to use Mopidy-3 with Snapcast. I set up both containers. Before I start configuring Mopidy properly I need Snapcast to run fine. The Snapcast container complains in the logs:

[Notice] Settings file: "/root/.config/snapserver/server.json"
[Err] Error reading config: [json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at 1: syntax error - unexpected end of input; expected '[', '{', or a literal
[Err] Failed to create client: Daemon not running[Info] PcmStream sampleFormat: 48000:16:2
[Info] metadata={
[Info] "STREAM": "Example"
[Info] }
[Info] onMetaChanged (Example)
[Info] PipeStream mode: create
[Info] Stream: {"fragment":"","host":"","path":"/data/snapfifo","query":{"buffer_ms":"20","codec":"flac","name":"Example","sampleformat":"48000:16:2"},"raw":"pipe:////data/snapfifo?buffer_ms=20&codec=flac&name=Example&sampleformat=48000:16:2","scheme":"pipe"}
[Err] (PipeStream) Exception: end of file

Also a question, the container does not map the ports 1704, 1705 and 1708. Is that right? Is the web UI provided on 1708? I can't see nothing on any port, probably because the daemon isnt running?

Edited by b0m541
additional log file details

The mopidy.config generated by Mopidy-3 does not contain [iris]. Does that mean that the Iris UI is missing in this container? Should we use the very old Mopidy container?

Will there be an update to recent versions of Mopidy and Snapcast at some near point in time?

I do not wish the library data to go into /var/lib/mopidy as this will size up the container image. I think it is better to put this in /config/data which is mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/mopidy/data. However, after setting

data_dir = /config/data it seems that the db is not really properly rebuilt. The image comes with a pre-populated db for files that I do not have (WTF!). Does it not initialize and fill a new db if it does not find a db file??

This may be a bit too experimental :) (Do you really want everybody to know that you are German speaking and what you taste of music is?)

Edited by b0m541
On 12/22/2020 at 12:03 PM, taifleh said:

Hi knex666

I’m a fairly experienced user, but I still had trouble getting this to work. This post has gotten longer than I intended it to, but I think we both can learn something from it.

This is an excellent contribution, it helped me a lot. What a pity that the suggestions have not been implemented for the mopidy and mopidy3 template, so everyone has to go through the same valley of tears here.

Edited by b0m541

I switched to the Mopidy container (Mopidy v2).

I tweaked to config so that Mopidy starts without error messages.

I ran Mopidy local scan.

In musicbox_webclient >Browse > Local media > Albums I can browse all local albums.

In Iris > Browse > Local files > Albums I can also browse all albums.

The problem:

In Iris > Albums I have a notification "Loading X local albums" and nothing happens (I waited several hours).

What's wrong there?

• 10 months later...