[Support] knex666 - FileBrowser

The plugin links to a dead site/domain, it looks like? At one point, there was a logo of some type, but it was very generic and had a message about the domain, but it only showed up one time. I refreshed and had not seen it since.

ycUPLRm.png

Going to that link took me here:

LHa3jJi.png

Trying to remove the https from the url takes me to here, which is just a blank page, it seems:

FK7FafL.png

Edited by MostHated
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm using this FileBrowser docker image. I've used the flag --user 99:100 but since umask is 0022 instead of unraid's default 0000, any file/folder created using FileBrowser can only be written by user "nobody".

This means that when accessing my shares via SMB I cannot edit the files or directories created in FileBrowser.

Is there any way to change the default umask value in the container? I know some images have this option built in, but it is not the case with this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, gafka said:

Hi! I'm using this FileBrowser docker image. I've used the flag --user 99:100 but since umask is 0022 instead of unraid's default 0000, any file/folder created using FileBrowser can only be written by user "nobody".

This means that when accessing my shares via SMB I cannot edit the files or directories created in FileBrowser.

Is there any way to change the default umask value in the container? I know some images have this option built in, but it is not the case with this one.

Did you find a way to get this working?

15 hours ago, knex666 said:

Yep thats very weak. I am running a chron script that edits my filerights every some minutes. Thats not good but good enough

Hah, that would actually be good enough for our use, as 95% of the time we're using the files through SMB, and only 5% (whenever someone is working from home, and they're creating new folders) is used with FileBrowser.

Mind sharing the script you did?

On 5/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, gafka said:

Hi !! How did you fixed the problem ? If it's fixed... :)

Thanks !

On 10/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, PicPoc said:

Hi !! How did you fixed the problem ? If it's fixed... :)

Thanks !

On 10/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, knex666 said:

Yep thats very weak. I am running a cron script that edits my filerights every some minutes. Thats not good but good enough

I don't know what the script is though, but probably shouldn't be too hard to create one on your own 🤷‍♂️

Edited by REllU
41 minutes ago, PicPoc said:

How can force 'chmod' to 666 ? FILEBROWSER writes by default 755 and files are not writable by users.

may start reading the official docs, this docker runs as root i assume (i use my own template), but there are options to run after each event, so you can easily chmod files automatically.

https://filebrowser.org/configuration/command-runner

by default all smb users should be able to work with these files, but i assume u use personalized user shares, so may read the docs to figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have Filebrowser working fine locally but I cant work out how to expose it to the internet.  I have SWAG and duckdns configured correctly for radarr and http://domain/radarr works fine.  Did the same for Filebrowser but when I go to http://domain/filebrowser I just get the default SWAG page.

I have changed the network type to custom - proxynet from custom - br0.

Whats the correct address for connecting over the internet?

Edited by MendipMan

here a working sample from a subfolder setup while filebrowser is on its custom br0 own ip

# files does not require a base url setting 

location ^~ /files/ {
		auth_basic off;
		allow all; # Allow all to see content 
#		auth_basic "Restricted";
#		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        set $upstream_filebrowser 192.168.178.222;
        proxy_pass http://$upstream_filebrowser;
		proxy_buffering off;
		access_log off;
	}