[Support] knex666 - openHAB

1 hour ago, kannznichkaufen said:

Hi everybody,

How do I reach the openHAB console at port 8101?

By default openHab accepts connections to the console from localhost only. So I can't use ssh from another computer or from the unraid ui's console window.

Thanks a lot in advance.

docker exec -it openhab /openhab/runtime/bin/client

The default password for the login is: habopen

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

edit: probably solved. The culprit is a scheduled reboot of the router acting as default gateway for the Unraid server. openHAB doesn't manage to reestablish the connections to the bridge things even after the router is up again. I consider this unrelated to the docker configuration. Should I delete the entire post?

Hi again,

OpenHAB looses communication from time to time.

In my InfluxDB data I observe that OpenHAB stops sending status entries. The last three nights this occurred exactly at 04:30 AM. Corresponigly I see in the events.log that several gateway things change status from online to offline beginning with the same time. This may still be a random coincidence, since there has been another interruption of writing to persistence, but I wonder where I can look to investigate. I would prefer finding a more suitable mitigation than scheduled restarts of the OpenHAB docker.

Restarting the OpenHAB container helps, restarting the InfluxDB container doesn't.

The Unraid syslog does not show related entries around the time in question. Should I raise loglevel and how is that done?

How can I raise the loglevel for the container?

The file openhab.log shows no entries between the manual restarts of the docker container before and after the failure.

The log file that can be accessed on the Unraid docker page doesn't contain anything suspicious.

Any ideas or suggestions where I might look or what information I might provide?

I'm an absolute noob to docker.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Edited by kannznichkaufen
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

maybe someone could give me a hint / explanation:

Untill now Openhab 2.5 on Raspberry, editing with Visula Studio Code from a Win10 PC. For me is this (editing with VSC) very comfortable.

Now i want to get away from my Raspberry, an i installed the docker container wit openhab 3. Works fine until i get to the point of editing files from my Windows PC with VSC.

My Appdata (and openhab Conf) Folder ist reachable from Windows, but i can't create new files there. Editing a existing file is also not possible - It seems, like there is a prblem with the permissions.

Creating a new file with Krusader (also in a docker container on the unraid Server) is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Benedikt

Hello everybody,

My Appdata (and openhab Conf) Folder ist reachable from Windows, but i can't create new files there. Editing a existing file is also not possible - It seems, like there is a prblem with the permissions.
Creating a new file with Krusader (also in a docker container on the unraid Server) is possible.

Thanks in advance,
Benedikt

Hey, you figured out the right spot about your Problem. Its permissions.
You can grand your cifs user permission or run openhab with the right uid and guid.
Mounting sftp is another alternative.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

i installed OpenHab (Thanks for the Unraid Container :) )in custom: br0 and gave the container the Ip: 192.168.1.6/24 i can reach the container thats no problem.

Then i installed mosquitto as docker and used the normal Bridge mode.

When i want to connect the mosquitto container (which has the IP of my Unraid 192.168.1.3) i get this error 

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedNoRouteToHostException: No route to host: /192.168.1.3:1883

so anyone have an Idea? Its the same Network but it seems openhab "have no route"?. Openhab can connect to my IoT devices in my Network this works.

Sorry i am relative new "to docker".

Hey,

i installed OpenHab (Thanks for the Unraid Container  )in custom: br0 and gave the container the Ip: 192.168.1.6/24 i can reach the container thats no problem.

Then i installed mosquitto as docker and used the normal Bridge mode.
When i want to connect the mosquitto container (which has the IP of my Unraid 192.168.1.3) i get this error 

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedNoRouteToHostException: No route to host: /192.168.1.3:1883

so anyone have an Idea? Its the same Network but it seems openhab "have no route"?. Openhab can connect to my IoT devices in my Network this works.
Sorry i am relative new "to docker".

Na, you cant combine that. Please read more about docker Networks in the specs.
I would use mosquitto on br0 too with a different ip and the same subnet than it will work.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

hello everyone,

Might just be me but I'm unable to start that container. Well, it start, but it stay in starting state and openhab never launch. In the log, it's stuck at sync.. Any clue?

Thank you

I am running on openhab/openhab:3.1.0-debian with this options --tty --shm-size 2g and i´m not using bride mode for network, maybe that helps 

The only thing I got is from the log in the docker ui, where you press on a docker and click "log"

mited = unlimited ']'

/openhab/runtime/instances/instance.properties
/openhab/userdata/tmp/instances/instance.properties
ER_ID=9001
OUP_ID=9001
Starting with openhab user id: 9001 and group id: 9001'
with openhab user id: 9001 and group id: 9001
openhab
t group 9001
'' ']'
Create group openhab with id 9001'
roup openhab with id 9001
dd -g 9001 openhab
Create user openhab with id 9001'
ser openhab with id 9001
r -u 9001 --disabled-password --gecos '' --home /openhab --gid 9001 openhab
The home dir /openhab you specified already exists.
ser `openhab' ...
ew user `openhab' (9001) with group `openhab' ...
directory `/openhab' already exists. Not copying from `/etc/skel'.
Warning: The home directory `/openhab' does not belong to the user you are currently creating.
dd -g 14 uucp2
dd -g 16 dialout2
dd -g 18 dialout3
dd -g 32 uucp3
dd -g 997 gpio
r openhab dialout
ser `openhab' to group `dialout' ...
ser openhab to group dialout

r openhab uucp
ser `openhab' to group `uucp' ...
ser openhab to group uucp

r openhab uucp2
ser `openhab' to group `uucp2' ...
ser openhab to group uucp2

r openhab dialout2
ser `openhab' to group `dialout2' ...
ser openhab to group dialout2

r openhab dialout3
ser `openhab' to group `dialout3' ...
ser openhab to group dialout3

r openhab uucp3
ser `openhab' to group `uucp3' ...
ser openhab to group uucp3

r openhab gpio
ser `openhab' to group `gpio' ...
ser openhab to group gpio

lize_volume /openhab/conf /openhab/dist/conf
=/openhab/conf
=/openhab/dist/conf
/openhab/conf
'' ']'
Initializing empty volume /openhab/conf ...'
zing empty volume /openhab/conf ...
/openhab/dist/conf/. /openhab/conf/
b/dist/conf/./html' -> '/openhab/conf/./html'
b/dist/conf/./html/index.html' -> '/openhab/conf/./html/index.html'
b/dist/conf/./html/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./html/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./icons' -> '/openhab/conf/./icons'
b/dist/conf/./icons/classic' -> '/openhab/conf/./icons/classic'
b/dist/conf/./icons/classic/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./icons/classic/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./items' -> '/openhab/conf/./items'
b/dist/conf/./items/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./items/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./persistence' -> '/openhab/conf/./persistence'
b/dist/conf/./persistence/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./persistence/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./rules' -> '/openhab/conf/./rules'
b/dist/conf/./rules/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./rules/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./scripts' -> '/openhab/conf/./scripts'
b/dist/conf/./scripts/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./scripts/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./services' -> '/openhab/conf/./services'
b/dist/conf/./services/addons.cfg' -> '/openhab/conf/./services/addons.cfg'
b/dist/conf/./services/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./services/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./services/runtime.cfg' -> '/openhab/conf/./services/runtime.cfg'
b/dist/conf/./sitemaps' -> '/openhab/conf/./sitemaps'
b/dist/conf/./sitemaps/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./sitemaps/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./sounds' -> '/openhab/conf/./sounds'
b/dist/conf/./sounds/barking.mp3' -> '/openhab/conf/./sounds/barking.mp3'
b/dist/conf/./sounds/doorbell.mp3' -> '/openhab/conf/./sounds/doorbell.mp3'
b/dist/conf/./things' -> '/openhab/conf/./things'
b/dist/conf/./things/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./things/readme.txt'
b/dist/conf/./transform' -> '/openhab/conf/./transform'
b/dist/conf/./transform/de.map' -> '/openhab/conf/./transform/de.map'
b/dist/conf/./transform/en.map' -> '/openhab/conf/./transform/en.map'
b/dist/conf/./transform/readme.txt' -> '/openhab/conf/./transform/readme.txt'
lize_volume /openhab/userdata /openhab/dist/userdata
=/openhab/userdata
=/openhab/dist/userdata
/openhab/userdata
'' ']'
Initializing empty volume /openhab/userdata ...'
zing empty volume /openhab/userdata ...
/openhab/dist/userdata/. /openhab/userdata/
b/dist/userdata/./etc' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/all.policy' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/all.policy'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/branding-ssh.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/branding-ssh.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/branding.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/branding.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/config.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/config.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/custom.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/custom.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/custom.system.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/custom.system.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/distribution.info' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/distribution.info'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/equinox-debug.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/equinox-debug.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/java.util.logging.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/java.util.logging.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/jmx.acl.org.apache.karaf.bundle.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/jmx.acl.org.apache.karaf.bundle.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/jmx.acl.org.apache.karaf.config.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/jmx.acl.org.apache.karaf.config.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/jre.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/jre.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/keys.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/keys.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/keystore' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/keystore'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/log4j2.xml' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/log4j2.xml'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdmin.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdmin.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-deploy.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-deploy.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.bundle.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.bundle.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.config.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.config.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.feature.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.feature.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.jaas.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.jaas.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.kar.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.kar.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.scope_bundle.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.scope_bundle.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.shell.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.shell.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.system.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.system.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.repos.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.repos.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.xml' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.features.xml'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.kar.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.kar.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.log.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.log.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.jupnp.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.jupnp.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.openhab.audio.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.openhab.audio.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.openhab.voice.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.openhab.voice.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/overrides.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/overrides.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/profile.cfg' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/profile.cfg'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/scripts' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/scripts'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/scripts/shell.colors.script' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/scripts/shell.colors.script'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/scripts/shell.completion.script' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/scripts/shell.completion.script'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/shell.init.script' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/shell.init.script'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/startup.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/startup.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/system.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/system.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/users.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/users.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./etc/version.properties' -> '/openhab/userdata/./etc/version.properties'
b/dist/userdata/./logs' -> '/openhab/userdata/./logs'
b/dist/userdata/./logs/openhab.log' -> '/openhab/userdata/./logs/openhab.log'
b/dist/userdata/./tmp' -> '/openhab/userdata/./tmp'
b/dist/userdata/./tmp/README' -> '/openhab/userdata/./tmp/README'
openhab/userdata/etc/version.properties /openhab/dist/userdata/etc/version.properties
' -z ']'
-R openhab:openhab /openhab

oh and while it's stuck there, I can't stop the container. I must use the cli and run docker kill, which take another 10 minutes to comply

Edited by Nodiaque
27 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

The only thing I got is from the log in the docker ui, where you press on a docker and click "log"

oh and while it's stuck there, I can't stop the container. I must use the cli and run docker kill, which take another 10 minutes to comply

You mounted your openhab somewhere like in appdata? there has to be a userdata folder inside with some log files.

The log ist just saying thats it starts initializing openhab which will took some time at the first start.

I think I found out why, but I don't know how to solve it. The sync operation is what's taking forever, and there's 2. Using this param, I could see live what is going on: 

watch -d grep -e Dirty: -e Writeback: /proc/meminfo

image.png.7ea2ed57eb50bab5051a2668bd811d28.png

if I run the same command on my other docker, there's like 300kb dirty. Is there a way to shrink that? I think it's trying to clear the whole 128gb of ram and that's what's taking so long

ok, it seems the problem was because I was copying a very large amount of data at the sametime, even if it wasn't remotly close to be on the same drive, the sync was invoked for all drive thus making everything very slow. Once the data copy was done, openhab start in a split seconds.

My question is, why is there a sync command to begin with?

Edited by Nodiaque
 Hi, I would like to see iputils-ping integrated into this docker in the next update. It's useful for network binding. Thanks!
Just install it into the docker with apt update and apt get iputils it will not be Update stable but will be enough for network binding.

• 1 month later...