[Support] knex666 - openHAB

• 4 months later...
On 3/12/2023 at 2:33 PM, Nodiaque said:

It's because of the docker. The official docker image does a chmod on startup to its own user. I myself created a openhab user and assigned it the Id of the docker. You can check on the official docker image for doc about that. 

Thanks for the info - I found information here https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/docker.html about creating the openhab user but I am not very knowledgeable about docker (I just install ready made containers in UnRAID and have not had this problem before) so I do not understand how to follow these instructions - should this be done in UnRAID before or after installing the container (I have already done a lot of setup in openhab already so do not want to re-do the installation) or is it something I should do inside the container somehow?

Edited by NAS-newbie
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys, 

I am just migrating from Raspi to Openhab and try to recreate my setup.

Currently I have the problem that my NodeRed is not connecting to Openhab. 

I am Using you container with OpenHab 3.4.3 and the Unraid NodeRed Container v 3.0.2 from Spants's Repository.

To send infos to Openhab I am using the Node Palette "node-red-contrib-openhab3". v. 1.4.9.

I did copied my Flows and changed the Controller to my Docker IP Adress and a new API Key as Username.

Now I get the following Error Messages: 

"Error: {"type":"error","message":"connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.XXX:8080"}"

I was only able to find an info that it might be the problem wit running openhab in a container.

Anybody is also using this setup and was able to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

normally, openhab is on the Host network. You should put your node-red in a custom docker network. Seems like you have a network connectivity issue.

Also heck your port mapping in openhab. If you copied from your rasp, make sure that port 8080 is what was used and be sure it's properly mapped in the docker configuration.

• 3 months later...

Is there any Solution for the OpenHAB frontail LogViewer? Am I able to install it via the docker Console? Also I read about a second docker which uses the log files. This Must be a Touch to much… of is there a tutorial available for Unraid. I am not the Docker Guru.

Edited by Walki
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, Walki said:

Does anyone know how to connect to the installation via ssh for backups? And of course moving backup from RaspberryPi to a Docker.

Cheers

Dennis

Hello Dennis,
I stumbled across the same question. To use SSH, Openssh would need to be installed in Docker first. But this is not the recommended way, as the Docker image you are using does not provide this in its "original" version and you are extending it beyond its original purpose.
The cleaner way in this case would be to create your own Docker image tailored to your needs. Or if you only want to run commands, use the Unraid command line for Docker. More information can be found at: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-ssh-into-docker-container

Best regards
Dirtrunner

• 4 months later...

Looking for somebody who can give me some hints for the following issue.

Moved openhab from Raspi 3 (installed via apt, no docker) to docker installation (used standard template without modification) on new NAS. On both devices openhab is installed with version v3.4.5 

We installed Homematic binding which automatically finds homegear bridge installed on Raspi3.

After installation all Homematic devices will be listed and could be installed without error.

Now we are struggling with some Homematic devices, a 6 button switch (HM-PB-6-WM55)

and temperature controller (HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU) as data of both devices will only be updated once when openhab was started.

Checking events on homegear shows regular updates of both devices.

42 minutes ago, markus08 said:

Looking for somebody who can give me some hints for the following issue.

Moved openhab from Raspi 3 (installed via apt, no docker) to docker installation (used standard template without modification) on new NAS. On both devices openhab is installed with version v3.4.5 

We installed Homematic binding which automatically finds homegear bridge installed on Raspi3.

After installation all Homematic devices will be listed and could be installed without error.

Now we are struggling with some Homematic devices, a 6 button switch (HM-PB-6-WM55)

and temperature controller (HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU) as data of both devices will only be updated once when openhab was started.

Checking events on homegear shows regular updates of both devices.

I think this is now a docker related problem if othet devices work. Maybe try with priviledged rights