[Support] knex666 - openHAB

IMPORTANT:

Since Log4j is used in openhab it is affected by CVE-2021-44228.

Log4j versions prior to 2.16.0 are subject to a remote code execution vulnerability via the ldap JNDI parser.

please add this extra parameter:

-e "EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS=-Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true"

Edited by knex666
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I just started using this container, and I got some problems.

I installed the MQTT service, and it works great. However, I cant get influxdb and the mysql service to work.

Influxdb

[ERROR] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - database connection error No route to host (Host unreachable)

MySQL

[ERROR] [sql.internal.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Failed connecting to the SQL database using: driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, url=jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.100:3306/openhab_selina?serverTimezone=Europe/Copenhagen, user=openhab2

I have verified both are up and running, and can be reached with the credentials provided.

Do you have the same issues, or a fix to that?

18 hours ago, mikeydk said:

Hi, I just started using this container, and I got some problems.

I installed the MQTT service, and it works great. However, I cant get influxdb and the mysql service to work.

Influxdb

[ERROR] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - database connection error No route to host (Host unreachable)

MySQL

[ERROR] [sql.internal.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Failed connecting to the SQL database using: driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, url=jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.100:3306/openhab_selina?serverTimezone=Europe/Copenhagen, user=openhab2

I have verified both are up and running, and can be reached with the credentials provided.

Do you have the same issues, or a fix to that?

You are shure that you have a connection inside the Container? Error message is clear a miss config of the Network. Bride or host what have you Set up? 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, knex666 said:

You are shure that you have a connection inside the Container? Error message is clear a miss config of the Network. Bride or host what have you Set up? 

I solved the problem, I had to run the docker as host.

• Thanks 1
On 5/26/2019 at 1:59 PM, knex666 said:

3 hours ago, mikeydk said:

I solved the problem, I had to run the docker as host.

Looks like your template is setup to use a custom bridge (br0) by default.  You should adjust your github template to instead be host

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Looks like your template is setup to use a custom bridge (br0) by default.  You should adjust your github template to instead be host

I am using bridge mode, not everyone is using mysql and I need a seperate IP for my stuff. I hope that those who come to that point will read this ;-)

• 4 months later...
On 10/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, d0ngt said:

Hi, i just started using openHAB and have a problem with my container.

I can reach the container

And in the Paper UI i can add things and items, but the .things and .items files are not created in the /conf/ folders.

In the log file it shows some wierd lines.

Maybe some can help me.

Hi, if you add things and items within PaperUI it will not create a conf file.

If you want to add things manually with a config file create one.

Here some examples of things items rules etc.

https://github.com/maschhoff/OpenHAB

On 10/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, d0ngt said:

On 10/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, EdgarWallace said:

I was trying to migrate from openHAB running in an Ubuntu VM to this Docker. 
I am using the standard template (br0) but I can‘t reach the KNX bus. Is net=Host required? 

Hi,

you cant reach your container on the ip or you cant use KNX bus?

I am using br0 and have this extra settings and network connections work fine.

--tty --dns 192.168.1.15 --shm-size 2g

maybe you need to pass though the KNX device to the docker container. Read hot to pass though devices on docker.

Hi,

I can reach the Docker but it seems that the Docker can't reach the KNX/IP Gateway. Everything is on the same subnet (passing through the ZWave USB-stick is working fine).

Extra Parameters: --device=/dev/ttyACM0 --shm-size 2g

Network Type: Custom : br0

Fixed IP address (optional): 192.168.178.22 Subnet: 192.168.178.0/24, 2002:b0c7:a570::/64

The Ubuntu VM with openHAB is also defined with Network Bridge: br0 and all is working well (I don't have of course both VM and openHAB Docker not running in parallel).

Hi, 

Did you try - exec - it into the Container and send a ping to your KNX? 

Please send a ping to other Devices in your Network to Check br0 is working correctly. 

Should not be a setting of the docker. I am connectibg to different Gateways like tradfri etc. 

Hope we will find a way

Cherrs

Sorry for the late reply....ping was not available, I had to install it into the container first:

The openHAB 2.0 Network binding has limited use. The Docker Image does not have “ping” installed so the “use system ping” option cannot be set to true, and I could not find a way to give the Docker Container permission to bind to low numbered ports so the dhcp option doesn’t work.

apt-get install iputils-ping

Good news: the KNX/IP Gateways can be reached:

root@4bdbe3f541db:/openhab# ping 192.168.178.1
PING 192.168.178.1 (192.168.178.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.178.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.314 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.178.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.303 ms

openHAB Docker can be accessed from my Mac as well:

PING 192.168.178.22 (192.168.178.22): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.178.22: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.632 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.178.22: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.714 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.178.22: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.668 ms

On 10/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, EdgarWallace said:

I was using a MariaDB Docker for the persistence services. The issue is, that I can't reach this database as it has the host IP. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks a lot.

This is basics of docker please consider to understand how it works. 

You can use br0 for mariadb or use the docker intern IP if you want to use host. you will find that by enter #docker network

• 8 months later...

I keep having an issue where the USB path changes. I'm using a zstick plugged into one of the USB ports on my supermicro motherboard. I run this to see where the USB is mapped to:

for sysdevpath in $(find /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/ -name dev); do
    (
        syspath="${sysdevpath%/dev}"
        devname="$(udevadm info -q name -p $syspath)"

[[ "$devname" == "bus/"* ]] && continue
        [[ "$devname" == "input/"* ]] && continue
        [[ "$devname" == "video0"* ]] && continue

eval "$(udevadm info -q property --export -p $syspath)"
        [[ -z "$ID_SERIAL" ]] && continue

busnum="$(udevadm info -a -p  $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/$devname) | awk -F "==" '/busnum/ {gsub("\"","");print $2}' | head -1)"
        devnum="$(udevadm info -a -p  $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/$devname) | awk -F "==" '/devnum/ {gsub("\"","");print $2}' | head -1)"
        bus_dev=${busnum}:${devnum}
        lsusb="$(lsusb -s $bus_dev)"

echo "$lsusb - /dev/$devname"
    )

done

This will show something like this:

bYidfYj.png

So I'll enter that in the container, discover all my zwave devices, set everything up fine. And maybe several days later, maybe after a reboot, maybe after removing the zstick to go include some devices and reinserting (into the same USB slot) the path has changed. I know this becuase all of a sudden openHAB isn't seeing any of my devices or the zstick. So I run that same command above, and all of a sudden the zstick usb location is /dev/ttyACM1 instead of /dev/ttyACM0. Why is this happening? Is there a better, permanent path that I am not seeing? This is driving me nuts. 

EDIT: OK, just happened again. I unplugged it, included a new zwave switch, plugged back into the same USB port, and now its showing the location as /dev/ttyACM1

IUleI8n.png

What is going on??

Edited by CorserMoon
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave2340 said:

I have installed openHAB docker but i cannot edit conf files eg rules, keep getting the error i dont have permission.

sorry i have been using openHAB for a while but i am new to unraid and docker

You have to edit the folder rights of your appdata / openhab folder so that you can edit that files 

• 3 months later...

Hello... considering the steady form is 2.4.0 and there is 2.5.0 as of now, this 1 snap simple arrangement is kinda terrible.

I never utilized Unraid, however I have googled a piece and it appears to be most Unraid clients favor a GUI over shell.

Which docker variant accomplishes your Unraid work with?

order pcb

Edited by GerriHeft
  • 1 month later...