[Support] knex666 - openHAB

1 hour ago, knex666 said:

use that openhab/openhab:2.5.11-debian  or openhab:latest

dont forget to backup before you update

I am waiting for 3.x it should be released soon

sorry, i don't get that.
is there a manual to do it, like you intend it to be done?
the "openhabian-way" doesn't work
the runtime update says i am already on 2.5.0 even if i tell him to update to 2.5.11 
and with apt i am getting nowhere

sorry, i don't get that.
is there a manual to do it, like you intend it to be done?
the "openhabian-way" doesn't work
the runtime update says i am already on 2.5.0 even if i tell him to update to 2.5.11 
and with apt i am getting nowhere
;) go to docker /click on the docker openhab and click edit at the Option docker container you edit that. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

SOLVED:

The issue is not related to the Docker Template or UnRaid but is unique to OpenHAB.  I have a high core count server(32 cores) and Jetty chokes.  The solution is to either pin the docker to no more than 4 cores or update the OpenHAB conf/services/runtime.cfg as follows.  

For future reference: in Openhab 3.0 org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient has changed to org.openhab.webclient. So it becomes:

org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsShared=20
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsShared=40

org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsCustom=15
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsCustom=40

After making these changes OH3 runs without apparent issue.

I've been running OpenHAB 2.5.x for almost 2 years now using the Docker template without much problem.  I have also spun up another Docker to evaluate OpenHAB 3.0 and it runs pretty well overall, but I have 1 major problem with OH 3.0 that I do not have OH2.5x, I am unable to connected to OH3.0 from the myopenhab.org website.  I can push Notifications from the site but I cannot access my local OH3.0 WebUI from home.myopenhab.org.  For 2.5.x I have no issue.  Every time I try to access OH3 this way I get an error 

openHAB connection error: HttpClient@4016d1a5{FAILED} is stopped

Any ideas how to fix this?  is this a permissions issue or some incompatibility with UnRaid Docker (my suspicion).  I am running UnRaid 6.8.2 and have tried 6.8.3 and 6.9.rc2 but it makes no difference.  I have also removed and recreated the docker image and docker containers, without a better result.  If I switch over to OH2 I immediately am able to access the local OH2 WebUI.  I also tried installing OH3 on a MacOS VM hosted on UnRaid using br0 just like my dockers and that worked like a charm without issue, so I know OH3 can run on UnRaid network setup.   If it was only UI access I wouldn't be too concerned, but any traffic such as OWNTracks that uses the home.myopenhab.org interface is not able to communicate with my OH3 installation and therefore I have no way to update Presence detection that involves the GPS Tracker/OWNTracks.

Any ideas as what might be the problem or what to try next? Any arguments I should be using during the install?

Edited by jsiemon
  • Like 2

There is on comment on Troubleshooting of OH3: 

If you want use an USB stick (for example for Z-Wave network), then it will be not available for the dockerized system by default. In Docker openHAB is running in name of openhab, a restricted user. The stick will work if you run the following command right after docker image is started.

docker exec \
   -d \ 
   openhab \ 
   /bin/chmod o+rw /dev/ttyACM0

Is there any way to and that into the Docker template, or how to add ist myself? Maybe adding ist into the Post Arguments?

Edited by EdgarWallace
There is on comment on Troubleshooting of OH3: 
If you want use an USB stick (for example for Z-Wave network), then it will be not available for the dockerized system by default. In Docker openHAB is running in name of openhab, a restricted user. The stick will work if you run the following command right after docker image is started.
docker exec \  -d \   openhab \   /bin/chmod o+rw /dev/ttyACM0

Is there any way to and that into the Docker template, or how to add ist myself? Maybe adding ist into the Post Arguments?
Hi, you can try this with the Post Argument but only the chown you do not need docker exec.
If the docker is not starting then add the entry point after your post Argument. Would be great if it does.

Cheers

10 hours ago, knex666 said:
Hi, you can try this with the Post Argument but only the chown you do not need docker exec.
If the docker is not starting then add the entry point after your post Argument. Would be great if it does.

Unfortunately openHAB doesn‘t start when I am adding /bin/chmod o+rw /dev/ttyACM0 into the Post Arguments box....

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='openHAB' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.178.22' --cpuset-cpus='5' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/system/appdata/openhab/conf/':'/openhab/conf':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/system/appdata/openhab/userdata/':'/openhab/userdata':'rw' --device=/dev/ttyACM0 --shm-size 2g 'openhab/openhab:latest-debian' /bin/chmod o+rw /dev/ttyACM0 && /entrypoint.sh
55c064827917c2b56ce5dbc5983f7d635623dec20f4aca7477e2b0fad4ef2e7c
sh: /entrypoint.sh: No such file or directory

...doesn't like the command...

suggestions: for openhab 3.

If you are going to be making changes to this template... can I suggest you a few enhancements ?

• take the "2" out of the mount file names
  • expose used ports so they can be overriden (8080 conflicted with my unifi controller)
  • option to include an MQTT broker in the same container ??? (stretch)

just my 2 cents

12 hours ago, bucky2076 said:

suggestions: for openhab 3.

If you are going to be making changes to this template... can I suggest you a few enhancements ?

• take the "2" out of the mount file names
  • expose used ports so they can be overriden (8080 conflicted with my unifi controller)
  • option to include an MQTT broker in the same container ??? (stretch)

just my 2 cents

Hi, thanks for that. I have changed the mount file names.

The ports are exposed but I did not configure port mapping since I am running that container not in a bridge mode.

You can just change/add them by the unraid gui.

Why would you like to put the broker into that container? You can just run another container and use the openhab MQTT Binding.

Cheers

With respect to ports... good to be able to see in the template which ports are operational if you are a beginner. I found that useful. To be honest, I had a conflict with my unifi controller and had to massage one of the ports.

For MQTT... I am actually running home assistant in a VM at the moment. The VM manages the HA software and an MQTT broker, which I find very convenient. That was the basis of my request... but another container seems appropriate.

Open Hab looked more mature to me than HA... I'm still at the beginning of the journey, so can afford to poke around the different offerings.

Thanks for doing this by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:59 PM, jsiemon said:

SOLVED:

The issue is not related to the Docker Template or UnRaid but is unique to OpenHAB.  I have a high core count server(32 cores) and Jetty chokes.  The solution is to either pin the docker to no more than 4 cores or update the OpenHAB conf/services/runtime.cfg as follows.  

For future reference: in Openhab 3.0 org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient has changed to org.openhab.webclient. So it becomes:

org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsShared=20
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsShared=40

org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsCustom=15
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsCustom=40

Thank you so much. Similar problems occure while trying to authorize the spotify-player for the spotify-binding.
This helped me alot!

Hi there,

had a problem with my km 200 Binding yesterday-
The Problem was the limited crypto.policy for java.

You can test the current policies yourself this way:
https://www.jvmhost.com/articles/jce-unlimited-cipher-policy-different-jdk-versions/

cat > CipherTest.java<<EOF
import javax.crypto.Cipher;

class CipherTest {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        try {
            int maxKeyLen = Cipher.getMaxAllowedKeyLength("AES");
            System.out.println("Max AES key length = " + maxKeyLen);
        } catch (Exception e){
            System.out.println("FAILED: No AES found!");
        }
    }
}
EOF

javac CipherTest.java
java CipherTest

Typical value for weak cipher policy is 128. Maximum value is 2147483647 and it confirms unlimited cipher strength policy.

In the provided docker i had only 128 and did the following:

I took the file /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/conf/security/java.security out of the Container as template and edited the java.security to "crypto.policy=unlimited". Put it to a known Location in my host filesystem and mounted in the Container:

Host: /mnt/user/appdata/openhab2/java.security
Mountpoint in the container: /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/conf/security/java.security

After that i tested it again and the value was 2147483647  and the binding works.

Edited by Borbosch
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

thanks for this docker, it's working nicely!

I've one problem, though: I'd like to install a custom addon, and the openhab "addons" folder does not seem to be available (?). I've tried adding a "/openhab/addons" -> "/mnt/user/appdata/openhab2/addons/" path setting to the docker, but it doesn't seem to be effective. Or at least openhab behaves as if the addon I copied there didn't exist.

Any ideas?

Hey there,

thanks for this docker, it's working nicely!

I've one problem, though: I'd like to install a custom addon, and the openhab "addons" folder does not seem to be available (?). I've tried adding a "/openhab/addons" -> "/mnt/user/appdata/openhab2/addons/" path setting to the docker, but it doesn't seem to be effective. Or at least openhab behaves as if the addon I copied there didn't exist.

Any ideas?
Hi, you try to install a binding or addon? Both is easy to install with the gui.

You will need to put addons to /appdata/openhab/userdata/... There Should be an addon folder or have a look in the config file for addons. I can have a look tomorrow.

Cheers

I'm trying to install this one, which classifies as a "binding", as far as I can see, but needs to be manually copied to the "addons" folder:

https://github.com/jannegpriv/openhab-addons/blob/8108-vwweconnect/bundles/org.openhab.binding.vwweconnect/README.md

There's no "addons" folder in /appdata/openhab/userdata for me. I just now tried creating one and copying the jar file in there, as well. Then I restarted the docker but openhab still doesn't seem to find (or use) the jar file.