6.6.7 Low performace after upgrade

Recently I upgraded from 6.6.6 to 6.6.7 and after the upgrade i've noticed that the system seems to have taken a performance hit. Like Loading, my dockers takes 2-3 times longer. Web pages that are hosted via lets encrypt are taking much longer to load. Sometime I'm unable to load a docker at all without restarting it(also posted on the binhex-sabnzbd page here

. So I thought about maybe rolling back to 6.6.6 but the option seems to be missing. I know ive seen it there in the past versions but this time I don't see it. It almost like instead of upgrading it overwrote the flash as a new install yet, kept my settings. Im just at a loss here and dont know what to troubleshoot next. 

Some notes: 

1. My dockers (sonarr radarr, and sabnzbd) periodically report that their databases are locked and they cant write to them. I assume this is because something is pegging the I/O?  

2. Ran a ramtest for almost 13 hours no issues

3. Parity check returns 0 errors 

4. Scrubs of my cache and dockers return 0 errors, as wells as check FS check in maintenance mode. 

5. I thought maybe my LSI  9211-8i may have been going bad, swapped that (had a spare already on hand) still no change. 

6. Attached diags

7. Also wanted to know that the issues are not just contained to the dockers, randomly my share will be unavailable from my windows machine for 20-30 sec while nothing else is running on my server. and also the main GUI pages take much longer to load as well if they load at all. 2-3 Refreshes are needed sometimes. 

I would be down to reflash my flash drive but i'm unsure if that will mess up everything or can i just reconfigure it without losing the data on the array ? Im just at the loss on what the next step would be as i'm not all that experienced with unRAID as i've only been a user since ~ Aug 2018.

tower-diagnostics-20190305-1509.zip

Edited by Rex099
8 hours ago, Rex099 said:

I would be down to reflash my flash drive but i'm unsure if that will mess up everything or can i just reconfigure it without losing the data on the array

If you upgraded using the GUI there will be a "previous" folder on the flash drive, just move those files to the flash root and reboot.

Does anyone have any additional ideas for troubleshooting this? I'm still lost. Periodically the system in just unresponsive for like 5 mins. When it comes back around the only real errors i'm seeing is inside Sonarr and Radarr saying that the database is locked? Not really sure how it could be locked. When i google this its saying that another process is using the DB but how could that be since they are in separate dockers.

Task Error: database is locked
database is locked

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database is locked
database is locked
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement stmt) [0x00088] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult () [0x0016b] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand cmd, System.Data.CommandBehavior behave) [0x00090] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand,System.Data.CommandBehavior)
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader (System.Data.CommandBehavior behavior) [0x0000c] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar (System.Data.CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00006] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar () [0x00006] in <61a20cde294d4a3eb43b9d9f6284613b>:0 
  at Marr.Data.QGen.InsertQueryBuilder`1[T].Execute () [0x00046] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\Marr.Data\QGen\InsertQueryBuilder.cs:140 
  at Marr.Data.DataMapper.Insert[T] (T entity) [0x0005d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\Marr.Data\DataMapper.cs:728 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1[TModel].Insert (TModel model) [0x0002d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\BasicRepository.cs:111 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandQueueManager.Push[TCommand] (TCommand command, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandPriority priority, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandTrigger trigger) [0x0013d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandQueueManager.cs:82 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandQueueManager.Push (System.String commandName, System.Nullable`1[T] lastExecutionTime, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandPriority priority, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandTrigger trigger) [0x000b7] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandQueueManager.cs:95 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Jobs.Scheduler.ExecuteCommands () [0x00043] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Jobs\Scheduler.cs:42 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke () [0x0000f] in /build/mono/src/mono/external/corert/src/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Threading/Tasks/Task.cs:2501 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute () [0x00000] in /build/mono/src/mono/external/corert/src/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Threading/Tasks/Task.cs:2344 

CommandExecutor	Error occurred while executing task CheckForFinishedDownload: database is locked database is locked	4:25pm
EventAggregator	TaskManager failed while processing [CommandExecutedEvent]: database is locked database is locked	4:24pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:24pm
CommandExecutor	Error occurred while executing task CheckForFinishedDownload: database is locked database is locked	4:20pm
CommandExecutor	Error occurred while executing task MessagingCleanup: database is locked database is locked	4:19pm
EventAggregator	TaskManager failed while processing [CommandExecutedEvent]: database is locked database is locked	4:19pm
EventAggregator	TaskManager failed while processing [CommandExecutedEvent]: database is locked database is locked	4:18pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:17pm
CommandExecutor	Error occurred while executing task CheckForFinishedDownload: database is locked database is locked	4:17pm
EventAggregator	TaskManager failed while processing [CommandExecutedEvent]: database is locked database is locked	4:17pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:12pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:10pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:07pm
CommandExecutor	Error occurred while executing task CheckForFinishedDownload: database is locked database is locked	4:06pm
EventAggregator	TaskManager failed while processing [CommandExecutedEvent]: database is locked database is locked	4:06pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	4:06pm
TaskExtensions	Task Error: database is locked database is locked	3:06pm

Here is what my sonarr error log looks like. I pulled these Diags like 1 min after so ~ 4:26

tower-diagnostics-20190310-1325.zip

So an little bit of an update.

This whole time I didn't realize that I had an additional molex connection off my power supply. supermicro chassis with a backplane thus up until now I've had all my drives including my caches drives plugged into the backplane and this wasn't an issue until now. However today i got the bright idea to take unplug everything in the server and plug it back together.

Still no change... 

However during this process i found that there was an additional molex pigtail off to the side tucked away. So i ran to the store and bought a molex to sata-Y cable. Moved my cache drives off the backplane and onto the on-board sata ports and like magic everything seems to be functioning much better and not hanging like before. Only about an hour of up-time right now, but i'm hoping that my performance issues were related to this. (If something goes south ill post another update)

Take away from this, do what you read and put your cache drives to the onboard sata ports. It will save you headaches down the road. 

• Like 1