Read-Only File System question...

Greetings, Limeys! :)

I have one disk (#2) with a read-only file system. Is it possible to unassign this disk and run a reiserfsk on it BUT keep the rest of the array up?

Essentially, have the array run normally (as though missing a disk) and then let the reiserfsck finish on disk #2, then re-assign it?

Essentially, I'm trying to avoid have my server offline for 24 hours :)

9 minutes ago, Tophicles said:

Is it possible to unassign this disk and run a reiserfsk on it BUT keep the rest of the array up?

Yes, but only if you do a new config without it, and that means resyncing parity, though array is up during the sync, then you'd need to do another new config and parity sync to add the disk back, so not very practical, also reisferfsck might finish in a few minutes, unless --rebuild-tree is needed.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, but only if you do a new config without it, and that means resyncing parity, though array is up during the sync, then you'd need to do another new config and parity sync to add the disk back, so not very practical, also reisferfsck might finish in a few minutes, unless --rebuild-tree is needed.

Ahh, gotcha... I'm wondering if I should just replace the disk then, lol. Would be easier than either of those options and not have my users screaming at me :)