Accessing WebUI after deleting network.cfg

Hi all. I picked up an Ubiquiti USG today. I have it all set up fine however IP assignment is in the 192.168.1.0 range. My server was set as 10.1.1.140. I removed the USB and renamed the network.cfg file. I restarted the server and upon entering the server's new IP address it wants to resolve to the SSL address.

How do I get access to the webui again?

I went to to do that originally however there were no network details in network.cfg.

I followed squids recommendation to rename the file and restart. The server runs and has a a new ip address in the new range.

I just cant access the ui as its using the ssl address. 

Edited by darrenyorston
Spelling

The DNS record on unraid.net still points to your old IP address. You can force an update by clicking the Update DNS button at the bottom of the Settings -> Identification page. It will take a while to propagate. Turn on Help for more information.

You can access the UI to do this by typing your IP address in your browser manually (i.e. https://10.1.1.140) and accepting the warning that the certificate is invalid.

I could not get to the Settings - Identification page.

https://10.1.1.140 did not result in a warning which I could accept and continue to the UI. The resulting page kept reporting the SSL page was not accesible.

Renaming network.cfg allowed the server to receive an IP. It didnt result in a new network.cfg file. Instead I found a post on Reddit to look in identification.cfg (i think it was ident.cfg) and noted a condition use SSL. I changed it from yes to no.

Ultimately the simple solution I was looking for. I dont know why it was so complicated a solution to communicate.