[SOLVED] 6.7.0-rc2 - Docker continues to hold onto old IP address

Hello,

I recently swapped routers at my home. Found out my ISP does allow the use of your own router, so I wanted more management in that department. While this issue is related to Docker, I do seem to have 1-2 other issues going on that have hampered my troubleshooting.

After router swap, my IP scheme changed from 192.168.50.0 to 192.168.1.0 being the network addresses. I found the network settings area in unRaid and that all looks good now. However, when I go to start containers, they appear to be hanging onto the old unRaid IP of 192.168.50.17:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='NzbDrone' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '8888:8989/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/nzbdrone/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TVShows/':'/tv':'rw' 'needo/nzbdrone' 
60b3486d2641a59cd46651b766f413a60a59996cb002505664d934e1b05eb222
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint NzbDrone (435d35bf01f088ff58c0bef4d6cc4954b8c9b0a357f04dbbf0491b40d6b39e85): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 192.168.50.17:8888: bind: cannot assign requested address.

I started doing some recursive greps but I can't find where this IP address is being pulled from. I've done a reboot of unRaid a few times, which is where my other issues come in. Had unRaid lock up on a reboot, or at least my best guess. Upon hard power off, I tried setting up a console, but I can't get the server to display anything. I bring these up in case either of them is valuable in troubleshooting the current situation or anyone asking if I have console working.

I've also removed and re-added the containers, including the images.

Should I swap to the old IP scheme on my router? I have no hard requirements on that, I just wanted to be able to control some DNS/DHCP/SSH related items.

Thanks!

Edited by fiscalcon
5 hours ago, John_M said:

I looks as though that would be a quick and easy fix, compared with the time and effort you've already put into solving this problem.

Yeah, that is what I am leaning towards at this point. The troubleshooter in me is screaming "whyyyyyyy" though, :-). 

I'll revert to the old scheme to get things working again. Thanks!

7 hours ago, John_M said:

It looks as though it's hard coded somewhere. Since you've removed and reinstalled the containers, how about the config information stored in the appdata?

Config files are clean of that IP address, but I do agree it feels hard coded.

That said, my Plex container was working fine and was in host mode. The broken ones were in bridge, so I switched those to host and they start now and appear to be working normally so far. Somehow I found an even simpler solution than swapping IP schemes or increasing the subnet.

Thanks to all for bouncing ideas.

• fiscalcon changed the title to [SOLVED] 6.7.0-rc2 - Docker continues to hold onto old IP address