(SOLVED) UNRAID 6.6.6 crashes, can't seem to find the issue

Hey guys,

My UNRAID server, ever since I set it up just seems to have random crashes every 3 days or so. It becomes unresponsive over the web, over SSH, and plugging a monitor in to the back just gives no output. It's still physically running though, ie. I can hear the disks spin, the fans on etc. but no noise of read & writes to the HDD's, just spinning idle.

I ran the troubleshooting plugin to no avail. And this morning as I got up I saw it had crashed overnight and was hoping to get some telling logs from the advanced troubleshooting mode, but I can't see much in them, they just abruptly end when it crashed this morning at around 6:10 AM. This is concordant with the time my router says it was last on (cf. attached photo)

It doesn't seem to be heat related, it's well cooled & the crashes don't seem to be happening under load. Also ran 2 passes of Memtest86+ that came back with 0 errors.

Attached you will find the tail log, and the syslog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

George

NB : My setup is the following

• Intel i7 3770 at clock speeds
  • ASUS P8H77-M PRO motherboard (cg8270 variant)
  • 14GB of DDR3 RAM (initial 2+4GB at 1666MHz, just added another 2x4GB at 1333MHz recently)(note the crashes were happening before I added the new RAM).
  • 2 x 3TB Seagate NAS drives
  • 2 x 250GB SSD for cache

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

syslog.txt

Capture.JPG

Edited by SomeRandomSod

Question:  What are the graphs of???

One of the first things you might want to consider is the Power Supply.   There have been several instance in the past few months when the PS has been the cause of shutdowns, reboots and lockups.  From your equipment list with that few HD's in your system, you could use just about any PS that has the wattage to supply that CPU.  It is usually pretty simple, quick and easy to swap it out with a spare, borrowed or purchased unit.  (If you do the latter, you might want to verify the vendor return policy...)  

EDIT:   I just reread and saw this:

11 hours ago, SomeRandomSod said:

This is concordant with the time my router says it was last on (cf. attached photo)

Edited by Frank1940

Another thing to keep in mind is quality of the power grid where you live.

If you live in an area with dirty power you may experience a multiple power glitches - they could be very short in duration so you cannot observe them in any way, but may cause a memory corruption here and there  - and since Unraid runs from the memory you will end up with unexpected problems as the time passes by.

Adding a UPS (even a small one) usually will fix that!

1 hour ago, bcbgboy13 said:

Another thing to keep in mind is quality of the power grid where you live.

If you live in an area with dirty power you may experience a multiple power glitches - they could be very short in duration so you cannot observe them in any way, but may cause a memory corruption here and there  - and since Unraid runs from the memory you will end up with unexpected problems as the time passes by.

Adding a UPS (even a small one) usually will fix that!

Good to know thank you ! I'll look into it if I'm still getting issues ! :)

• SomeRandomSod changed the title to (SOLVED) UNRAID 6.6.6 crashes, can't seem to find the issue