Write system log on reboot

My wife informed me my HTPC wasn't working last night. However it turns out that unRAID was offline.

I attempted to look at the log file, however it doesn't write when the system goes down. I am currently hoping my toddler just pushed the power button and not some other issue is at play. However the true reason my server was off is unknown to me.

What I would like to see is an option to write the system log to either the flash drive or a shared drive before a reboot/power off.

Or if this is already a feature could someone please point me in the correct direction.

Thank you

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JaY_III said:

"webgui: Syslog: sort logs"

what i was looking for?  If so, I guess its time to move to the RC

Not really, but there is a 'Syslog Server' built in that can keep the log on a crash, or lockup.  Just enable the 'Syslog Server' and set the ip address of your Unraid server as the 'Remote Syslog Server'.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Not really, but there is a 'Syslog Server' built in that can keep the log on a crash, or lockup.  Just enable the 'Syslog Server' and set the ip address of your Unraid server as the 'Remote Syslog Server'.

Thank you for the help guys, this is working just perfect for my needs

longfile.png

Edited by JaY_III
  • 1 year later...