Used build question

KaosOveride

I currently have an X8SIE-F with a X3450 sitting in it. Also has 16GB of ECC ram in it. I then added a LSI SAS card to it to round it out.

It's working great and is making use of my mix match drives wonderfully.

The problem that I am currently having is that between Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, sabnzb I am pinning my cpu when someone requests downloads. This is not a major issue as it's not very often and usually for a short enough period of time that I don't even notice it. Since this is used "mostly" for media storage its more of a set and forget operation.

Now the question part:

I have a DL160 G6 with two X5530 cpu's sitting in it. No ram though. Should I pull the LSI and ram out of my current tower and hook everything up to the DL160, or is it just not worth the hassle.

I am curious as to what performance gains I would see from switching to a single cpu x3450 to dual 5530 and having the option of adding more ram in the future.
I have another DL380 already running handling my VM's with 78GB ram so if need be I could "borrow" a few sticks from it.

Hoping someone with more knowledge/experience than me can post their 2 cents for best bang for buck.