Intel Ethernet not supported?

I'm trying to setup a quick test machine for unraid and it has a built in Intel I12xx/825xx Gigabit Controller but it seems that unraid does not support this. The USB stick I am using has unraid 6.0.0 on it, since I never used it. Is there a way I can get unraid to recognize this card so I can get the box up and running? I can ping the gateway of course but if I try to ping my main unraid machine by using it's IP address it just comes back as unreachable. Am I stuck here or is there a way I can update the USB stick to incorporate the drivers for this NIC?

2 hours ago, opentoe said:

I'm trying to setup a quick test machine for unraid and it has a built in Intel I12xx/825xx Gigabit Controller but it seems that unraid does not support this. The USB stick I am using has unraid 6.0.0 on it, since I never used it. Is there a way I can get unraid to recognize this card so I can get the box up and running? I can ping the gateway of course but if I try to ping my main unraid machine by using it's IP address it just comes back as unreachable. Am I stuck here or is there a way I can update the USB stick to incorporate the drivers for this NIC?

Well weird enough I just re-created the USB stick, copied my extra pro.key back on and it worked. Threw me an IP address right away. Now it is doing a parity check. I'll let that finish and start doing some some tests I had in mind. So happens my original unraid box is getting slower and slower. My media player read tests use to get 80MB/sec easily all day. Now they max out at 12MB/sec. So something is wrong somewhere and I have yet to make any changes in the last year or so except upgrade. Can't even watch a small 2GB MKV file without it pausing and stopping. The box is %81 full, so that should not be a problem. It is one of those ghosts in the computer issues. No errors, but poor performance. I'm fairly confident it has something to do with unraid since my media player is a static player and there aren't many settings in there to change except cosmetic looking screen changes like backgrounds, screen savers, etc. When I do a Windows copy from the unraid server I'll get a nice 80-100MB/sec until the copy is done. Are there any settings I can put in my GO file or anything to make this server wake up a little? 12MB/sec barely holds down a high bitrate movie.

Edited by opentoe