Downloading with DelugeVPN

Hello,

I have setup DelugeVPN and everything works great. I tried a few test downloads and one a weird thing. When I navigate to the download folder I setup in Deluge, the files are not available. When I navigate to that same location within the Share or the Disk in Unraid Web GUI, the files are available. Why am I not seeing these files in explorer?

Thanks

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

You can always get to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by simply clicking on its icon in the webUI and selecting Support.

But keep it here for now. I have an idea what your problem is and will have a better idea after you post your diagnostics.

Unlikely to be the cause of this particular problem, but some of your system share is not on cache where it belongs.

Go to Settings and disable both Docker and VM services, run mover, wait for it to complete, then check again by going to User Shares and clicking Compute... for the system share.

I'm not entirely clear about the OP. Can you post screenshots showing what you mean?

As I said

17 minutes ago, trurl said:

Unlikely to be the cause of this particular problem, but some of your system share is not on cache where it belongs.

If system share is all on cache now then you can enable docker again. This fix, though definitely a good thing to do, doesn't really have much to do with your initial post. It is just a general thing to help your dockers perform better.

Please post screenshots showing the things in your initial post.

The original advice about setting the ‘system share Use-Cache setting to ‘Prefer’ (not ‘Yes’) was about improvong performance, not about fixing your problem.   The system share normally 0nly contains the docker image and VM disk images.  

• what is the Share you are trying to use at the Unraid Level?
  • what do you have configured at the `delugeVPN’ level?
  • what drive mappings do you have in the containers settings?
  • what are the permissions that are being set on the downloaded files?

it seems likely that there is some mismatch that is causing your problem.

1. I'm trying to use the Downloads share I created to use with 'delugeVPN'.

2. When the files are downloaded they show up in the right location, but I only see it in the file explorer within Unraid, not Windows Exploerer. I'm actually not sure what you mean by the 'delugeVPN' level.

3. In the container for 'delugeVPN', I have '/data' set for 'Container Path' and '/mnt/user/Downloads/' set for 'Host Path'.

4. If have the share set to 'Public'.

Sorry if this is coming out wrong. I'm pretty new to Unraid.

10 hours ago, Strubdog said:

1. I'm trying to use the Downloads share I created to use with 'delugeVPN'.

2. When the files are downloaded they show up in the right location, but I only see it in the file explorer within Unraid, not Windows Exploerer. I'm actually not sure what you mean by the 'delugeVPN' level.

3. In the container for 'delugeVPN', I have '/data' set for 'Container Path' and '/mnt/user/Downloads/' set for 'Host Path'.

4. If have the share set to 'Public'.

Sorry if this is coming out wrong. I'm pretty new to Unraid.

You might want to open a terminal window and try the command

ls -l /mnt/user/Downloads

to see what the permissions are set to.   The key thing is to see if they are being set as ‘nobody users’ as the user and group.   If they are set to something else that might explain why they are not being seen.   If they are not you can do a temporary fix by running the New Permissions tool against the Downloads Share, but the longer term solution would be to get delugeVPN to set them correctly in the first place.