(SOLVED) SATA Drives not recognized

I'm new to Unraid, and I'm having some issues recognizing SATA drives in my setup. Specs as follows:

Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F Motherboard

Xeon E-2176G Proccesor

U-NAS NSC-810A Chassis

8x8TB WD Spinners

2x1TB M2 Intel 660P Series (for cache)

2x16GB MEM-DR416L-CV02-EU26 Supermicro Memory

Everything boots fine, but when I do an fdisk -l at the command line, none of the SATA drives are recognized (Both of the intel drives are though). BIOS settings are set to AHCI boot mode. I'm using the U-NAS backplane, but I've also plugged multiple drives directly into the motherboard, no change. I think the drives came formatted as NTFS, but I didn't think that would matter, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I can plug these drives into another (windows) system and they show up just fine. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

EDIT:

Using Unraid version 6.6.7 

Edited by Unluck

They are 8TB drives shucked from an external enclosure. Looking at the google results this looks like it's porbably the right answer. I just checked and the drives are not actually spinning at boot, don't know how I missed that. I'll try taping over the pin 3 as suggested in a few other place and mark as the solution if this fixes it! thanks for the tip! I've shucked quite a few external drives and never ran into this before.

• Unluck changed the title to (SOLVED) SATA Drives not recognized