Unraid Crashing

7 hours ago, Micaiah12 said:

I've attached the syslog that I mirrored to the USB drive. 

syslog

Is this the syslog after a crash that was being mirrored to the Flash Drive?   ( @johnnie.black , this is a new feature in 6.7.0 for troubleshooting crashes.) 

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Please post the diagnostics instead: Tools -> Diagnostics, also what you want to do, rebuild disk4?

@Micaiah12, It could be very useful to have a new Diagnostics file since you have more than one problem currently.  

34 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Is this the syslog after a crash that was being mirrored to the Flash Drive?   ( @johnnie.black , this is a new feature in 6.7.0 for troubleshooting crashes.) 

Aah, missed that, looking at the syslog there appears to be a problem with Silicom Image SATA controller, and not surprisingly both disks 1 and 4 are using it, suggest you replaced it with an LSI HBA.

I went to sys log. Turned it on for both ports. Selected a share and then put in the server ip and then enabled mirrored to flash option. Wouldn’t that make the syslog be on the flash drive?

and yes I have a firm belief that the data card is bad. It’s the only think I switched over when I changed new hardware. I already have a new lsi card on order should be here in a couple of days. I can boot the server up again and post a new diagnostics tonight. Thanks! 

Hey guys. Good news. LSI card came in. Flashed it and threw it into the server. I already have an up-time of 30 min already with no crashing. It seems like the logs are complaining about the file system on disk 4 which I know is partially rebuilt. It's fine, I should be able to kick off the parity sync and it should correct that yeah? Do you still want system logs?

52 minutes ago, Micaiah12 said:

I should be able to kick off the parity sync and it should correct that yeah?

No. A parity sync will only write to the parity drive.

20 minutes ago, Micaiah12 said:

I will start the rebuild.

Of disk4 I hope.

I strongly suggest you lay out exactly what you plan to do and why, because what you posted is confusing to me, and I'm afraid you are about to lose data.

Ok so the plan after I have now replaced the failing sata card.

I know disk 4 is in a bad data state. It was in the process of rebuilding when the server crashed. So I know that the rebuild wasn't complete. Which means that the disk is incomplete even though unraid is saying its fine (mainly because of me resetting the disk config to get disk 1 back online). So, I need to rebuild disk 4 either I need to start over or rebuild from when it stopped. So how is the best way to do that. I know the parity is good. I just need to get disk 4 rebuilt without loosing data. Does that help?

On 3/13/2019 at 2:34 PM, johnnie.black said:

You can force a rebuild but success depends mostly on if there were any array data changes since it got disable, if you want to do it I highly recommended using a new disk, so you can keep the old one intact.

@johnnie.black already said it best. For the best chances of data recovery you need to keep the current disk4 intact, and rebuild onto a new disk.