Been around for a while - Norco 4224 still running great

Built this couple years ago and still churning along with zero issues. Best thing I did was replace all fans and buy the Noctua fans. To top it off a 6 year warranty isn't bad. I have noticed though that Norco does little changes to their server cases but doesn't make a different sku, they keep the same sku and you never know what you are going to get. When I placed the order I ordered it directly from Norco and made sure they sent me the version 2 which at that time was the latest which had some improvements over version 1.

unraidbuild1.jpg

unraidbuild2.jpg

unraidbuild3.jpg

unraidbuild4.jpg

unraidbuild5.jpg

unraidbuild6.jpg

unraidbuild7.jpg

unraidbuild8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 10:34 AM, sittingmongoose said:

I was looking at building with this case!  I was wondering if a psu that's 8" in length would fit easily.  Any concerns with it or things I should look out for?

8" you will have no problem. Plenty of room still left.

Hi looks good I'm in the process of changing my fans waiting on the fan wall for the 120 mm . Could you tell me what fans you went with Mid and back also how many drive are you running i'm about to order some fans ? what temps are you getting with the larger fans.

Thanks

Lou

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, Lou said:

Hi looks good I'm in the process of changing my fans waiting on the fan wall for the 120 mm . Could you tell me what fans you went with Mid and back also how many drive are you running i'm about to order some fans ? what temps are you getting with the larger fans.

Thanks

Lou

I went with the 2000 rpm redux fans. The light tan colored ones. I do have the industrial models, but they were over kill. If you want a case cool, let me tell you, those industrial models fans are the way to go. Now for temps. Lots of users will disagree with me on this but I ALWAYS go by manufacture operating temperatures for temperatures. For example I picked one of my HGST drives and the operating temps from the manufacture are 5c to 60c. While most people will freak out at 60c or even 50c, I do not. I keep my drive temps within the operating temps of what the manufacture says and never have had hard drive issues.