Remove Unraid and Move Data

I've been trying unraid for about 15 days at this point and I think it's a great software, except I don't think it's the right for me.

I'd like to revert back to using Windows installed on baremetal hardware, but all my files are already saved in the array. I have a 4TB parity drive and 4Tb+3TB drives respectively. Total amount of storage in the array is a little shy of 4TB. What's the best way to recover my files?

Is it possible to unassign the 4TB parity drive, format that to exFat, start the array without the parity drive and use krusader to move the shared folders to the newly formated 4TB drive? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Warrentheo said:

Yah, but you need to be careful...  No parity drive + different storage permission models can easily lead to data loss...

This might help, lets you move data off of a drive so you can use it elsewhere:

Thanks. I do have this plugin but never actually came to use it.
I was trying to execute Plan and this showed up for a few secs and went away. I assume it's all okay since it disappeared and it is now reporting all ready for gather?

2047680126_ScreenShot2019-03-14at12_04_51AM.thumb.png.7c9709fea98a16c8db0e13255004ff25.png

2 minutes ago, Rendeaust said:

Thanks. I do have this plugin but never actually came to use it.
I was trying to execute Plan and this showed up for a few secs and went away. I assume it's all okay since it disappeared and it is now reporting all ready for gather?

2047680126_ScreenShot2019-03-14at12_04_51AM.thumb.png.7c9709fea98a16c8db0e13255004ff25.png

Duno, I have always hated dealing with Linux permission issues, and so made sure to never add another user to UnRaid just to remove these type of issues (do security with firewalls instead)

I suspect you will need to use "New Permissions" tool under tools, or if you have the plugin installed, the "Docker Safe New Permissions" version...  But be careful with that, if you don't know what it does, it has the possibility of screwing up all you Linux permissions...  Possibly not much of an issue for someone getting rid of UnRaid though...