No errors but docker containers all not responding

I noticed the past couple days after leaving the server running all my docker containers would stop responding and the only way to fix it is to restart the server. 

I thought it was a one time thing but it just happened again and I'm not sure what the cause is. 

Going on the docker tab takes a longer time to load than usual (around 1min) and then pressing stopping all Dockers just ends up with a looping animation. I can't restart any docker containers and the only option is to restart the server.

unnas-diagnostics-20190313-1221.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately changing to binhex-sonarr didn't fix the issue. I noticed that all my cpu and ram are being used as well when the docker containers stop responding but htop shows otherwise . Attached are some new diagonostics.

Edit: weird thing happened but once docker containers automatically updated the CPU all went back to normal. The docker containers that got updated were :

Community Applications
Docker Auto Update
normal: airsonic (was stopped), bazarr binhex-sonarr nextcloud radarr rutorrent sonarr (was stopped), tautulli unifi-controller jackett letsencrypt Automatically Updated

How can I figure out which docker containers is causing the hang ups?

Screenshot_20190325-053012.thumb.png.5a6706c2ba7853bdd82670e07706f633.png

Screenshot_20190325-054203.thumb.png.4082252f5f6e28ce774ee5209ec39d8f.png

unnas-diagnostics-20190325-0529.zip

Edited by bobokun

The hard drives start maknig a lot of noise when this happens. I think there is an issue with I/O and it gets stuck? Is there any way I can figure out if it's a hardware issue or software? My drives are all relatively new (1-2years) and have gone through several runs of preclear before using them so I don't think it should be the hard drives. Any way I can check?

No, I need to wait until the next  time it happens again for me to find out which one is causing the issue. The problem is when I tried to stop a docker container it just hangs (I think because the cpu and RAM are all 100%), so I can't even kill the docker container or shut it down from the GUI. Is there a way to stop all docker containers using ssh commands? Or if that doesn't work can I kill the process running the docker container? 

17 minutes ago, bobokun said:

I thought invoking the mover every night will automatically stop the docker containers and start them again once mover is completed. Do you run a custom script to stop and start all docker containers?

No, mover does not stop any dockers.    In fact if a docker has any files open it will stop mover from moving that file.

2 minutes ago, bobokun said:

In that case should i be using a script to stop all docker containers before invoking mover?

It is really up to you!  Any recommendation has to be based on exactly which dockers you run and what they are doing.    I know in my case I have no dockers that will permanently have file open that I want to be moved using mover so I do not bother.   It is worth remembering that mover never touches any files that are in a Cache-only Share (e.g. appdata) so they can be ignored in any such consideration.