watched folder duplication from two locations within unraid

Hi

i am looking to see if there is a docker app or plugin that would do this

i have decided to upgrade my cache storage and i now am going to use this for some other folders as well as VMs and appdata etc, this is pcie nvme raid 0 so is fast in comparison to the array of spinning disks, i would like to have a duplicate version on my array that "watches" for changes on the folders on the cache drive and sync them (copy not move) to what i would consider a backup on the main array (as i am aware of how easy it is to take a disk out of the arrray, launch ubuntu and access the disk)

a long time ago i used to use freefilesync for this but since i moved to unraid ive not found anything that would do this (only rsync which runs on a schedule, i would prefer a real time sync of changes. (so not to worry if last nights sync happened.

an example is photos are in cache/photos - i want a folder in my array called user/photobackup

when i make a change to something in the cache/photos, it will replicate that change in user/photobackup

im sure this is simple to set up!!

1 hour ago, jamesac2 said:

when i make a change to something in the cache/photos, it will replicate that change in user/photobackup

Be careful with this strategy. It's not a backup, more of a manual RAID1. How will your process know not to propagate corruption or unwanted deletion, either by you accidentally or by some malicious process that gains access to your photos?

You would be better off looking at real backup solutions with versioning.